• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] of cloudless climbs
    “Fairies,” she begins then ends abruptly, unsure of how to put her want into the clearest, most sensible words.  It was more of a feeling that had motivated her, and an intuitive sense that her parents had never said aloud.  How should she put it?

Compared to this, the strenuous journey up ( and the chilly sweat, the chipped and aching hooves, the sad wilt of the roses in her mane) had been a piece of cake.  And now, she was beginning to feel plain silly, standing atop the mountain,  tottering on her lanky legs, afraid to ask the fairies for help.

But this wasn’t really about her, was it?  
    Be brave, a sweet voice tells her, somehow giving her the brittle strength she needed to raise her drooping head, and keep the frustrated tears from falling.

“I’m sorry for holding you up, if you were listening and waiting,” Drear says after reminding herself to breathe.  “If you’re still here, I came here because I love my moms and I know they worry about me.  Can I have something to protect myself, so they don’t have to worry so much?”

Ooc:  Drear is visiting the mountain to request to express her Xenomorph Hybrid trait.
    The icy wind at the top of the mountain blows a little sharper, fingers of deep cold against her coat, and when it fades away there is a faerie standing in front of her. He regards her curiously for a moment, as surely she does in return. It has the body of a horse, a pegasus, but yet at once it is clear that this is not a being of her own plane and species.

The Ice Fairy has a soft spot for the particularly young, and so its gaze is somewhat softened as he sweeps fathomless blue eyes from the tips of her ears to the end of her tail. And it is a relatively selfless thing she asks, at least on the surface, and so it is one he is inclined to see through to the end. "There are other ways to be strong, that do not involve magic." The voice seems to come from everywhere and nowhere, and his lips aren't moving; perhaps she only imagines she hears it anyway.

"I task you to learn more of those other ways, and then return and if your heart is still true we shall see about your wish."

-----------------

Drear has rolled a 4 and will be granted a quest. You should complete 3 threads in which she learns about or looks for ways to protect herself without magic and then return to tell us what she has learned.