• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Knowing where the rocks lie; fairies

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    There is little she cannot stand, but not receiving any answer at all is on that short list; or rather, it is not-knowing.

She doesn’t know where her mother is now. She doesn’t think she will ever talk to her again; not after her brother had a run-in with her and she hadn’t recognised him. Her hopes of ever connecting with her are slowly fading, and it only makes Eurwen miss her more.

Eventually, she makes her way back to the Mountain again, half a year after her first rejection. Some would say this is rather early, but various things have plagued the pink-dotted mare’s mind since then.

”Here I am again,” she announces herself softly into the wind, her voice flat with the defeat with which she came, the sorrow of loss that she carries. ”I’d like to have something of my mother. I probably have it, but for some reason can’t reach it.” She takes a deep breath. ”I know looking for the past is not a solution, but sometimes it can be found by looking back, and comparing the past with the possibilities of the future.” She offers the little insight she gained over the past months. Holding on to what once was won’t bring them further - won’t bring Nerine a bright future. Change is upon them and she will not stand in its way - but she will change while remembering the lessons learned, if she can.

Wen is back to still ask for Sorrow Aura to be possessed, as it is the one trait she has from her mom! (If it does, wind exhalation can become nongenetic)

First attempt:
    https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26984
    She can probably feel them watching her. But who is to know the minds of the fae? Perhaps they are just bored and unmoved by her plea. Perhaps they want to test her determination. Those conclusions are left for her to draw, but no matter how long she waits, no faerie will appear today.

----------------

Eurwen rolled a 3 and will not receive a quest. You can try again in 1 RL month.