• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  living like we're renegades
    It’s funny that Gale is thinking about family because that is where Nashua’s mind is, too. Smiling at the navy tobiano, it’s hard for him not to think of his family. The blue pegasus sports a rather unusual mane and Nash has only seen it before on one other horse.

It’s something that elicits a broad, youthful grin on his copper face.

"How did you stumble across paradise?” the younger stallion asks playfully as his tail flicks away the few insects that buzz around the winged adolescent as he comes to a respectful stop before the Resort’s inhabitant. ”I was hoping to reach Ischia,” he explains and turns to look over his shoulder to the South, where the hazy outline of the other island lingers lush and vibrant green.

Another tropical paradise, he vaguely remembers from his youth.

Perhaps not so different from this one. And ever the explorer, Nash doesn’t mind a distraction. He doesn’t mind changes when they reveal new places and the possibility of a new friend (sibling?). It makes his grin all the wider when he turns his attention back to Gale.

"It’s alright that I stay, then?” the copper colt asks, the smile faltering briefly. ”I can be on my way as soon as the storm blows by.” Nashua explains, hoping that the other stallion doesn’t find his presence upsetting. He'd rather risk a storm than an another stallion's wraith. His dual-toned companion just smiles though and states his name, one that belonged to his favorite phrases as a youth.

('By the Gusts and Gales', his mother used to recite to him and Yanhua when they had been small. When she had told them wonderful, lovely stories to fill their heads so they would turn into dreams.)

It seems fitting that he meets one now - a @[Gale].

"My name is Nashua,” he says with a nod and then boyishly explains with that charming grin, "I came from Taiga.”

nashua
    and the days you defend will turn to gold
    html by castlegraphics; art by KHARTHIAN
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    living like we're renegades - by Gale - 06-26-2020, 06:50 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-11-2020, 07:06 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-13-2020, 07:22 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-17-2020, 07:42 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-18-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-18-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-27-2020, 07:28 AM