• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  living like we're renegades
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

It is difficult to tell with the general blur, but Gale thinks that perhaps some parts of the other horse are glowing. They look different than the rest of his sunlit shape, and the brindle stallion laments his temporary affliction. Better to not ask, he thinks, his sight will clear soon enough.

“Ruinam invited me here,” Gale tells him, realizing belatedly that it’s unlikely that the name means anything. “He was the leader here, before me. He told me it was quiet here, and I needed quiet.” Gale is no longer sure he needs this much quiet, but that is a thought he keeps to himself. He enjoys the solitude of his home, far less bustling than Ischia. But a few more faces wouldn’t hurt, especially not if they were family.

“Of course,” he answers, nodding his white-maned head. “You may stay as long as you’d like.”

Nashua introduces himself, and Gale finally has a name to match the face that he pictures. The other adds that he is from Taiga, and now Gale also knows the smell of the piney land. The wind does not often blow in from the east, but he has caught it before, and this solidifies it. There is more he wants to know, though, so he asks with his head tilted and his voice curious: “What is our sister’s name? The one with the wings and the teeth?” It is multi-syllabic, he knows, but sound does not come with his dreams.

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    living like we're renegades - by Gale - 06-26-2020, 06:50 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-11-2020, 07:06 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-13-2020, 07:22 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-17-2020, 07:42 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-18-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-18-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-27-2020, 07:28 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-30-2020, 06:12 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-31-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-31-2020, 12:52 PM