• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Young and the Restless
    Breathing deeply and preparing to make her way from the rivers edge, Tivali caught the scent of another on the gentle breeze. A mare, almost the exact opposite of herself she noted as the other stepped into view. The mare was older, dare she say old, and as black as a moonless night. Her eyes caught the filly off guard for a moment, they were captivatingly blue, and held the stories of a lifetime deep within them. This mare had seen things that Tivali couldn’t imagine, she was sure. 

A quick nose toss in her direction and the red filly began to call a greeting but the older mare beat her to the punch. 

Tadpole?

It sounded like a term of endearment, but the childish nature of it made Tivali slash her tail across her flanks. 

Keeping her voice level, she tried to hide her annoyance, “Good morning. I don’t think I need help mother,” she paused, letting the word hang for a moment. Meant in respect, but with the barest hint of her frustration edged in it. 

I’m not sure myself what I’m searching for, so any help finding it would be only in vain!

Even as the words left her mouth, with a soft laugh accentuating then, she caught the scent of yet another, a heartbeat before he fell from the sky. Shying to the side, she attempted to hide her surprise poorly. Pawing once at the ground in annoyance, now at herself for being so easily set upon not once, but twice, she blew sharply into the air and turned to face the newcomer head on. 

The roan was striking, she admitted to herself as she allowed herself to gaze over him.  He carried himself with a confidence that she envied, and perhaps… feared? He did not appear to be outwardly dangerous, but something about him made her withers twitch in unease.

She quivered the way young fillies do when a handsome stallion gives them a nickname. Spitfire was much more appealing to her, though she dared not show it. 

I have a name you know! I’m Tivali.” She stood up proudly as she said it, flapping her lips a little as it rolled from her tongue. It was truly a name she loved, a name she had chosen for herself.  

And who are you then?

Her deep brown eyes flicked back and forth between the two older horses, unimpeded by mane or forelock, she could keep them both in her sights at once. 

Ooc: I’m going to have to get a table made up for her soon! It looks so empty posting without it! And she might not like tadpole, but I love it haha
    @Ethaethe @Leilan

Messages In This Thread
    The Young and the Restless - by Tivali - 06-28-2020, 09:38 PM
    RE: The Young and the Restless - by Ethaethe - 06-29-2020, 09:51 AM
    RE: The Young and the Restless - by Leilan - 06-29-2020, 01:25 PM
    RE: The Young and the Restless - by Tivali - 06-29-2020, 10:22 PM
    RE: The Young and the Restless - by Ethaethe - 07-03-2020, 11:03 PM
    RE: The Young and the Restless - by Leilan - 07-04-2020, 03:49 PM
    RE: The Young and the Restless - by Tivali - 07-06-2020, 11:49 PM