• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  way down we go; Barrow

There is something so pure and so wonderful about being greeted with enthusiasm. It soothes away the last lingering bits of Mazikeen’s earlier frustrations and she eagerly takes root in this moment of joyful reunions. A slightly-wicked grin grows at the mention that none of the other kids in Tephra were as cool as her - and she speaks what comes to her mind first without hesitation. “Well of course, I’m the best!” But this confident half-joke is followed up by a slightly softer addition. “I’m glad you found me again now, though.”

And then when Barrow launches into questions about whether she's had any more bird problems, Maze laughs, loudly and without holding back, for the first time in a long time. It bubbles out of her without inhibition and feels good, feels freeing. Although she had thought about the boy from the playground before, she only realizes now how much she would have enjoyed seeing Barrow more often during the last couple years.

No one made her laugh like that.

There’s a bright grin in her orange eyes when she replies. “No Bird Problems but I did get stuck as a deer with a rather unpleasant colt who wasn’t nearly as helpful as you were. All he did was pout about his own problems! It took me forever to shake that shape! Could have used your expert advice then.” Her voice grows teasing, and it’s remarkable how at-ease she feels.

His question about her bird problems brings to mind one of his offers from all that time ago and she asks with another bright grin “Did you ever learn how to make ice trees?”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Barrow]

Messages In This Thread
    way down we go; Barrow - by Mazikeen - 06-30-2020, 10:05 AM
    RE: way down we go; Barrow - by Barrow - 08-25-2020, 10:08 PM
    RE: way down we go; Barrow - by Mazikeen - 09-07-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: way down we go; Barrow - by Barrow - 09-15-2020, 05:02 PM
    RE: way down we go; Barrow - by Mazikeen - 09-27-2020, 10:38 AM
    RE: way down we go; Barrow - by Barrow - 10-16-2020, 08:50 PM
    RE: way down we go; Barrow - by Mazikeen - 11-12-2020, 09:02 AM