• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  this is all feeling very sketchy - any

you can sink to the bottom of the sea,
    just don't go without me

Hyaline was super nice, but Sabal found herself making her way downriver for no reason other than she was bored.  There was only so much lounging that she could do before she had to go find something else to entertain herself, so she found herself swimming southward.

The river really wasn’t ideal for Sabal. There were certainly parts of the river that were both deep and wide enough for her to extend her wings and skim above the rapids, but there were so many more obstacles in a river that just weren’t present in the sea.  So she was forced to swim with her wings folded carefully to her sides, pouting all the while.  While she could see just as well under the water as above, rivers were just so muddled and murky.  She really couldn’t understand why some of her sisters liked water like this.  And to think that some of them liked swamps.

Not to be dramatic or anything - but she’d rather die than live in a swamp.

So when arrived in the common lands, she surfaced and reluctantly made her way to the edge of the river.  She really didn’t want to leave the water, but she had no intention of going far.  She shifted back to her equine body as she stepped onto the shore.  She simply allowed the water to drip off her scaled skin and made no effort to shake it from her body as perhaps a normal equine would. She pulled her fin-like wings closely to her sides.

“Um, hi?” she says, squinting into the trees, wondering who it was she had stumbled upon.

sabal.
    That morning, Genasi found herself up early - which was admittedly rare for her - and traveling back through the path she had taken days earlier headed toward the mainland from Ischia. Though she had been traveling and exploring the sprawling landscape of Beqanna that she had never seen before, Genasi felt she needed some familiarity. Being alone was foreign to her but she was starting to acclimate to it. Normally she followed the well worn path to the commons with her mother, so she remembered the pathways well. She had been wandering through the forest close to the river's edge unsure if she had the confidence to join one of the many groups of equines she passed by.

She was becoming slightly annoyed with herself, socialization just wasn't her strong suit. Genasi sighed softly to herself as she began to slip quietly into the river, letting its cool current wash away her insecurities. She waded down until she hit a deeper section of the river before plunging herself into the murky depths. As usual, she felt the comforting tickle of curious fish on her dark grulla and gold striped body, nibbling at her long fins and tail. Reveling in this comfort, her attention was drawn away after the little fish began to dart away. The sound of hooves cutting through the current made her rounded ears perk forward. She could barely see the legs cycling through the murky water above her, curious, she began to slink along the rocky floor below following the form ahead of her.

As the form disappeared to the shoreline above, Genasi slowly floated to the surface of the river and her gold eyes focused on a mare that looked not much older than herself, with gleaming scales of ivory and blue dripping with river water and large lovely wings tucked to her sides. Her voice called toward the wood, but Genasi answers in a friendly tone from behind the scaled mare. "Hello, I hope you don't mind my intrusion. I saw you swimming overhead while I was in the river and I figured I'd come introduce myself.", she says with a smile, only her head and shoulders visible from the surface. "My name is Genasi, it's nice to meet you." despite being slightly awkward, she hoped the young mare could tell she was trying her best. This was her first interaction with anyone outside of her family, so she was extremely nervous. Her fins on the edge of her gold striped jawline fluttered anxiously, but her smile and soft eyes remained.

‐---------
    [@Sabal]
    Ooc: sorry for the naked post!