• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Our Tangled Roots // Raul & Kids
    Julia folds into her, and for a moment, it easy to pretend that all is well. There is no hesitation when the filly recounts her day, and as she listens, Will reflects all the girl's excitement back at her.

"A bird like a rainbow," she muses, "I think I may have seen the same one this afternoon. Did he tell you I was looking for you?" With that, Will pushes her muzzle behind her daughter's ear - mussing her mane and giving a playful snort before taking a few quick steps back to avoid any possible retribution.

"Have you and papa been working on swimming lessons?" She asks, motioning for Julia to come closer with a nod. Warlight halts as the water swirls around her shoulders, too deep for the fillies toes to touch the stones below. "You know it is important for him to learn to swim," she teases.

But suddenly she blinks hard, a wave of dizziness comes over her. She has used too much energy without realizing it. The moment of unsteadiness passes quickly, but she knows her time is limited before she will have to close her eyes and regain her strength. It only makes her more determined that tomorrow she would put an end to this.

With the help of Lilliana, she was ready to return to the Mountain. With any luck, she would leave the sickness behind her permanently and return home as twice the warrior she had been. Now that the end was in sight, she had shed the hesitation that was holding her back before. With a night spent in the healing pool, she would be as ready as she ever could be for the journey to the mountain. Waiting wouldn't make it easier, it would only prolong the length of her sickness - increase the number of memories her daughters would have of a weak and fragile mother. 

But she needed to tell Raul.

"In the morning I'm leaving for a little trip..." Will's dark eyes lift to the stallion's, knowing that he understands there is only one place she would be going. She finds that he is already watching her, and she can only manage a bitter-sweet smile before returning her gaze to @[Julia]. And it is so much easier to fake her bravado.

"Can you find a red feather for me when I'm gone? I want to wear it in my mane when I get back."
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Our Tangled Roots // Raul & Kids - by Warlight - 07-02-2020, 04:58 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots // Raul & Kids - by Julia - 07-17-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots // Raul & Kids - by Raul - 07-23-2020, 07:46 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots // Raul & Kids - by Warlight - 07-26-2020, 04:37 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots // Raul & Kids - by Julia - 07-30-2020, 11:22 AM