• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i saw a city in the clouds

It had seemed like years since I had last seen Cineres. The black filly crashing into the waves and never surfacing had brought a heartbreak stronger than the one that was felt as I watched our homeland burn to the ground. I carried that heartbreak with me as I soared into the open skies and followed the others to a land unknown. Even when my hooves stumbled for the first time upon Beqanna's lands that heartache rang through me. For the next few years I lived in solitude only appearing in the past months to procreate and bring into the world a small and delicate looking colt.

As I stood over the golden boy tears began to stream down my face. The betrayal that I felt of those who had wronged both Cineres and I felt like an almost tangible object. "Betrayal," I whispered as the memories flowed through me. Without hesitation the colt glances upwards and my eyes meet his silver ones. It took only seconds but it happened as quickly as it stopped; a feeling of calm and peace flowed over me and drew me towards the glowing horned butterfly. "Hello little one," I whisper as my nose gently bumps against his cheek.

"My little Betrayal," I name him exactly what he is. He is the Betrayal to my heart. I had promised when I had landed in Beqanna that I would spend my life mourning the loss of my closest and dearest friend. That happiness would evade me - appropriately so. Though in this moment, as I watched this small creature push himself onto his awkward legs and begin to teeter shakily I found myself feeling a warmth pass through my heart. His existence is the betrayal to my mourning and my intentions - it has caused a happiness that isn't supposed to exist.

"Up you get," I whisper softly as I nudge his bottom with my nose and help to stabilize his shaky legs. I watch as he takes one step and then another. I stare in awe as his tiny glittering wings unfold and stretch upwards in rhythm to his tiny twitching tail. It takes some time but soon the small colt is stumbling around and with a certain eagerness he eventually finds his way so that he can drink his first sips of milk. It's in this moment that I feel a sense of peace flow through me once more and for a moment I forget about the dark past that haunts me and the smile on Cineres's face as she sank under the waves.

It's too good to be true, I ain't got nothin' to do with you
    Evarae
    image credit

tdlr; evarae had her baby (betrayal) in silver cove and is on/off again remembering her time before beqanna. anyone is welcome to come bother her and her baby. she would love the company. <3