• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and now my heart stumbles on things I don't know, despoina

DESPOINA

The sadness is such a constant companion that she almost does not notice it is there.

Until she shifts suddenly and the weight of it spears straight through her. Then the pain of it is so acute, so strong, that she can barely breathe around it. She is left trying to figure out how to survive with the saltwater rushing into her lungs, the ground once again ripped out from underneath her.

And really - what right does she have to this pain?

What right does she have to him at all?

They are nothing but friends, if you can even call them that. They are acquaintances more than anything. She has no right to claim the man before her, he who would call himself a monster. She has no right to this pain, to this jealousy, that courses through her veins, clinging to every surface that it can hold onto.

She shakes her delicate head.

“Please do not apologize to me.” There is something pleading in her tone. Something desperate as she tries to fight for normalcy, realizing how she has ruined this chance at friendship before her. She feels something like shame race through her, battling with her jealousy. Her face crumbles, Despoina completely unable to keep her feelings hidden away, unable to hide her shame and panic.

She takes a small step forward.

“Please, Torryn,” she nearly chokes on his name. “Tell me about her.” She hates thinking about who this woman is who carries his child, but she has to know. She does. “Tell me about your child.” 

I guess the sound of your voice in the aching will just have to do

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and now my heart stumbles on things I don't know, despoina - by despoina - 08-15-2020, 07:25 PM