• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me hope in the darkness; any/all
    The magician’s eyes are distant and more golden, swirling, and otherworldly than he’s ever seen on the man. For having had to live without parents, Brennen came remarkably close to one, though it has been long since then when Leilan went his own way. Still, to see him like this is almost unsettling - a magician giving up on worldly things like food, drink and rest, to pour everything into magic, where he can hardly be reached.

But he can be reached, thankfully - in such a way even that Brennen’s dry comment sparks a smile on the roan’s dark face. ”I suppose so.” he acknowledges, but it’s the thought of the children being threatened that sits unwell with him, that rouses a feeling of helplessness and raw, foreboding anger at the same time. ”Then they’ll be sorry. You are not alone.” A promise of sorts - one magician, even a magician, might not be enough, but he will have the help of any who think similarly, and if one magician and one ice dragon is not enough, then so be it.

When Nashua catches up to them, he smiles at the young male, though it is rather grimly. ”We’ll make sure you’re ready, then.” he reaches out to the striped boy to tug on his mane, playfulness never fully forgotten when he’s around the young colts he’d taken home - taken in, or just taken, in some cases; but only with the intent of making them better capable of dealing with the world. Alcinder too - to just sit around in Loess where his mother ruled and his father was absent at that time, had not seemed preferable. Sachin was of his blood, he’d realized later on, and had preferred the Isle over any other place.

But he knows now about Wherewolf’s father, and about Nashua and Yanhua’s father - as they’re one and the same. It’s true that Nerine is at risk, perhaps, and this protective magic may last long - but forever is too long a time, and in the meantime, he’ll make sure those children are going to grow up strong and independent of their sire. ”All of you,” he decides when he looks to Nashua.

All of the children - all of his siblings.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Brennen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; any/all - by Leilan - 08-09-2020, 07:56 AM