• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] long live the pioneers
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

This time, Erne comes along, his bright yellow eyes far sharper than Gale’s blue. The osprey does not like being this far from the open sea, but his companion soothes him through the bond they share. Now and then, as though to remind Gale, he does shriek, a high-pitched call that causes the little prey animals that dwell this high on the mountain to freeze in wide-eyed fear. Gale won’t deny his avian friend this bit of fun, and merely shakes his blue head in amusement as he continues his trek.

This is the sixth time he has come to the Mountain, and yet the pilgrimage is not familiar.

It should be – rock and stone and lichen shouldn’t change that much in the six months between his visits – yet the brindle stallion is sure that sheer cliff had been much smaller in the fall. Magic, he decides, more than he can understand.

The climb to the peak is no easier, despite the pegasus growing strength, but he reaches it just as the sun begins to fall behind the western horizon.

“It’s me,” he says again, “It’s Gale.”

The first time he had been greeted only by a gust of wind, and the second time by silence.
    Yet he returned, a purposeful pilgrimage that he will not be dissuaded from.

Erne, the only other resident of his island home, spirals overhead for a moment, then comes to land on an outcropping near Gale. Gale is not sure that his presence will help, but perhaps if the fairies know that he, too, wishes for this, they might listen more than they have to Gale alone. (He is a bird though, for all his telepathic bond to Gale, and perhaps that is all they will see).

ooc: back a third time to ask to rename Island Resort to Islandres
    first attempt
    second attempt
    What they see is a stallion who cares more about what something is called than making sure it thrives. She comes, only because she is capable of some semblance of pity and the boy has made this trek a number of times (not that he seems to have learned anything as of yet).

”What do you think a name is to us, really? I do not particularly care what you call a land but rather how you treat it.” She appears as she speaks, a tiny white and purple thing so at odds with the personality behind it. Wysteria has little patience for mortals, unlike some of her sisters. And yet she was the one that came to them most of all; funny how that works.

”Call your home what you will, though you will get no blessing from us until your home becomes a home for more than you and your bird. Recruit two new members if you want our permission.” With that, she disappears as quickly as she came.

Because Gale is persistent, he has been granted a quest. Recruit two new members to Island Resort and you may rename it.
    Please tag in replies
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Gale half suspects that the fairies are responsible for the growth of his island home, having found Aedan on its black shores not long after leaving the Mountain. To be sure though, he has waited, waited until he saw Vita with a dark foal that looks like the starry stallion and a buckskin that looks like neither of them. When was the last time a child had been born on the island, he wonders?

There will be more soon, Gale thinks.

His home will continue to grow.

First though, he must tell the fairies, or perhaps thank them. With this in mind he ascends the mountain, Erne circling high overhead.

@[Wysteria Fairy]

link for proof:
    Aedan, Vita, Bran, and Narcisus are all now living at the Island Resort (along with Gale and Eyas)
    She comes, appearing in a swirl of purple magic. "Better," she says simply, knowing that some had made their way to the land and that Gale had, even, gone to the field to recruit. "It is hard for you to understand, because you cannot feel it as we do, but the lands of Beqanna are all connected, all belong to the same source of life and magic. What you do with them matters. I do hope you will remember that. Go with our blessing to rename your home." And with that, she disappears.

Your quest is successful but I forget what you want to call the land so I didn't update it, lol.
    Please tag in replies