• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What boundaries would you push?
    His question may have seemed simple when it left his lips, but he knew then the answer would be far more weighted. Grave expressions cross Izora’s face, the pregnant mare an epitome of foreboding darker times - and of darker times that have already passed. Part of him stirs at that, realizing that his own troubles often seemed so big, but that there were multiple others facing similar difficulties. Nevertheless he refuses to let that little fact change him, at least not right now; storing it away for a more peaceful time to analyse later on.

Bigger fish still need frying, and Zora’s is one of those.

She has trouble speaking of when Aten left - he notices the omitting of his name, much like he never thinks of or mentions the spotted mare; like and unlike Lilli, Izora is a mirror as well but in her own regard, and Never briefly crosses his mind, thinking perhaps she fits somewhere along his spectrum as well - and she had sought the fairies’ help. He nods at that briefly - with her mate disappearing, perhaps it was only logical to ask for a similar thing. Still, the fact that he is used as an example makes him blink and tilt his head in true surprise.

”I’ve never thought I was a good example,” he admits softly - but the story is not done yet. The fairies had agreed to give her something, in exchange for a quest - to make sure she knew what she asked for. ”Well,” he starts, turning his eye towards her in all the seriousness he has (which is in fact plenty, but he usually covers it up), ”I think you know now. Accidents happen and magic is fickle, no matter your good intention. Do we have what it takes to control it? I don’t know - and the fact is you cannot know beforehand at all. Time has a way of catching up,” he shrugs, ”I knew a dragon who had been born with his powers and who lost the battle late in life, regardless. I’ve seen a dragon born with it who never stopped burning and never stopped to think about it. I’ve known one who was gifted the power like you would, and have never seen him after one, though noble, deed. I’ve seen a dragon in Tephra, but she’s just guarding her realm for others to sleep at night.”

He shrugs then. ”Never assume the predator inside you sleeps, because it doesn’t. But if you still want to contain that kind of power - if it’s any consolation, I think you might be one of those who may be able to handle it.”

May be - because through the shifting, the mimicry, the looks and emotions that come with it - nothing is certain. But Zora the Dragoness - well, that just might work, he supposes. The odds are in her favour.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Izora Lethia]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    What boundaries would you push? - by Izora Lethia - 07-20-2020, 10:31 PM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 07-24-2020, 07:16 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 08-01-2020, 02:07 PM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 08-09-2020, 07:33 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 08-22-2020, 05:07 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 09-06-2020, 10:23 AM