• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] I've seen ghosts brighter than her soul
    “She set fire to all the things that held her back,
    and from the ashes she stepped into who she always was.”

She has never asked for anything, and she does not know why she wakes up and decides today is the day to start.

It’s not daylight yet, though. It is early morning, that much she can feel in her bones, but it is still dark. That endless dark, the kind that stretches on for what feels like forever, the kind that makes you question if the sun is going to rise, until that first light laces the furthest hillside. 

She leaves when it is still infinitely dark, and she arrives at the base of the mountain just as the sun begins to rise behind it. 

Her head tilts, the weight of her antlers causing her neck to ache at the movement. She looks up, judging the journey, and with a sigh, she begins to make her way up.

It is not an easy climb, but she supposes it is not meant to be. It gives her plenty of time to think of why she is here, and as her muscles begin to burn and ache with fatigue, it allows her to decide if it’s worth it. She does not like the idea of asking for something; she does not like the idea that she might be considered ungrateful for what she has already been given.

But she cannot stop thinking about her family, namely, her father.
    She doesn't know why she cares so much about what he thinks, especially as an adult. But it was something that once it had taken root in her mind, this idea that this was the change she needed to make about herself, she simply couldn't shake it.

She arrives at the top, her coat flecked with sweat, and first streaks of the sunrise in the sky. It is oddly quiet up here; so much quieter than she had thought it would be. She stands for a moment, before finally she calls out, a question, “Hello?” She waits, a faint breeze lifting and stirring the tangled locks of her mane. “I've never asked for anything before, but, I was hoping you could help me.” She wasn’t sure how to phrase her request; wasn’t sure if whoever answered was even going to care.
    aislyn.

Aislyn is here to request to express her panther shifting so she can be Just Like Dad <3 I'd like to use my automatic quest that I won in the holiday present thing.

I think she can quest to express this and still keep her other traits but if not she will trade the bravery illusionism. Thank you!

@[Wysteria Fairy]
    ”Why do you seek to be someone you are not?” comes the voice, and then the white and purple fairy. She appears before the girl, hovering, such a small little thing for all the magic she represents. Represents, not contains, because in truth she is nothing but the magic made flesh, a steward of Beqanna herself given form.

Wysteria doesn’t wait for the girl to ask, because she already knows, and she does not waste time. ”Go, and find two others who have tried to be like someone they looked up to. Find out if it worked for them, and then come back and tell me if you seek the power for yourself or if perhaps, you want to be something different.”

You have received a quest. Go talk to two other horses who have tried to be like someone else in their life, and come back when Aislyn has decided if she makes this choice for herself or not.
    Please tag in replies