• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  i dream ahead to what i hope for ii

Having left Tephra, I make no further detours on my venture toward the Mountain. This path I know, having walked it six months past. The weather is much more pleasant now – late spring rather than mid-autumn – and I bob my pale head as I walk along. I am careful to avoid the many low hanging branches along the way. My antlers are especially tender as they grow, and I do my best to keep their purple velvet covered tines away from anything that might brush against them. I pass a few others, bother travelling the same and the opposite direction, but none of them so much as glance in my direction.

This is to be expected, of course, for I cloak myself in invisibility, from my pink nose to the very tip of my prehensile tail. 

Only when I reach the base of the mountain, do I release it. With my head raised, I look up at the distant peak, shrouded in mist.

“I’m back.” She says aloud, and waits. Nothing, just like the last time. But last time, last time I am sure that the cold wind that tickled my neck was more than just the coming winter. Daddy and Papa have told tales of the @[Ice Fairy], and there had been the flowers all around me when I’d woken back in Tephra. Surely that was an invitation to return again, to truly show my dedication?

Good things are worth waiting for, I remind myself. So I had waited ,and now I have returned. With a determined snort, I begin my climb. It is not easy, but I set a steady pace, and the regenerative magic in my veins aids in my endurance (or at least I imagine that it does). When I began my ascent, my purple haired tail had been held high, but by the time I reach the peak it drags along the ground, dusty and tangled. Yet despite my obvious weariness, my purple eyes are still sharp and alert.

“I said: I came back.” I say again. Was that a gust of cold wind? Or just my imagination?

“I’d still like to have flowers,” I tell the Mountain. “The ones that you gave me last time were very beautiful. My Papa said they are called violets. Thank you for them.” I want to be sure that they know I am grateful, and that the gift I’d woken to had not gone unnoticed.

A S E N A

i’d rather run the other way
    than stay and see the smoke and who’s still standing when it clears

Back for a second time to request floral tattoos
    first attempt here
    Only tales of the Ice Fairy? How rude. She was hardly the only fairy or even the most active of them (at least on the mountain, for they were all active in their own ways). It was Wysteria who showed her face the most here though, on the cold and snowy peak of the Mountain. Perhaps that is why they do not speak of her, for she is as cold as the Mountain on which she resides. Her sisters give life and powers to the children of Beqanna far more than she does (she has no real interest in creating new mortals, for there seemed to be enough of them already). But she gave, sometimes, to those who earned it.

A slightly more worthy way to come into power.

The girl who seeks them today comes with such a small request that Wysteria appears before her. ”You seek only flowers?” A vain request, perhaps, but is vanity so great a sin? ”Bring me a rare flower from a land you have never seen before, and I shall grant you the gift you seek. With that, she disappears as quickly as she has come.

You have rolled a 2 and will receive a quest. Go find a rare flower from some land Asena has never been in (you can make one up) and bring it to Wysteria.