• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm not here looking for absolution; gospel
    BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

Perhaps the thrill lies in the fact that he is the only one capable of eliciting these things from her.

She is subordinate to no one. Not even to Ghaul.
    She serves no one. Except, perhaps, herself.

And yet.
    She feels some flicker of irritation in the very pit of her gut when he mocks her, just as she had suspected he might. But there is something in that cold smile that keeps her rooted there when she could just as easily leave.

She is not coy, Gospel.
    But there is some thrill in knowing that he has come looking for her. And whether he chooses to bury her or not, she can siphon some sense of that early ecstasy from it.

She resists him for only a moment. Stays stock still, studying, before she finally relents and sinks closer. She makes no attempt to touch him, though there is some curiosity about how he might respond. Would he react the way she wanted him to? Wrap his cold fingers around her pulse and squeeze? Or would he refrain simply because he knew it would delight her?

The children. “I have raised them the best way I know how,” she muses but does not elaborate. There is no telling what that might mean. She does not tell him of the gifts she had asked for them, sees no purpose in it.

She tilts her head at his implication, the stirrings of a smirk tying up one corner of her dark mouth.

I expect that the children care as much about you as you do about them.

gospel

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm not here looking for absolution; gospel - by gospel - 08-23-2020, 05:48 PM