• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] it's so cold out here

He is young, Gravitas.
    And not so young that he does not know the limitations of his youth.

He is tired still when he makes for the mountain. Tired from the valiant effort it had taken both him and Tirza to fend off the army of the undead their father had sent after them.

It has been days since they emerged victorious, but still he is tired.
    But even more than he is tired, he is determined.

He travels under the cover of darkness, trudging from the Cove to the base of the Mountain. He understands magic, at least on some base level. He had been born with the ability to shift himself into a snake, collapsing all his flesh and bone and sinew into something so much smaller. And when he turns his gaze to the night sky, shooting stars seem to follow the path of his eyes through the dark. Sometimes they fall down around him, raining, burning holes in the ground where they land.

But there is more than his magic, he knows. For he had watched his father command an army of bleached bones that had crawled up out of the earth.

He shrinks himself now, for the trek to the summit of the Mountain will be easier as a serpent. Still, it takes hours for him to reach the peak. And when he finally does, he pulls himself back into the shape of a horse.

He is young, Gravitas, but he knows what to do.
    He lifts his proud head and blinks into the darkness. He says boldly, “hello, my name is Gravitas.” It’s not important, his name, but he offers it anyway. He turns in one slow circle.

There is so much cruelty in the world,” he continues – as if one day he will not also be cruel, as if there is any chance of him ever being anything else – “and I would like to better protect myself and my sister from it.

G R A V I T A S

hello! gravitas is hoping to quest to express his soul summoning so he can more effectively fight his mean dad
    ”We know who you are,” comes the voice, cool but not cruel. Though far from a kind fairy, she is not truly cruel. Her harsh attitude is a product of tough love (and perhaps a bit from having seen things gone wrong too many times). ”Wouldn’t a world without yet more magic be better?”

They had given them that simple life, but of course, mortals cannot lose anything without throwing a fit.

”You say you seek to protect, yet magic is so often used for the wrong thing. Go and speak to three others who believe they use their magic to protect others and find out the consequences they have suffered from such a belief.” Things are never as simple as they seem, after all.

You have rolled a 4 and will receive a quest. Have a thread with 3 others discussing how they used their traits to protect others and what consequences their actions had.
    Please tag in replies