• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that hate in your heart has been branded by my name; laura

only silence remained, holding my breath in the dark; gasping for air with the lungs of a lark

She has no defenses against someone like him.

Nothing to warn her that the gentle worry she sees crease his brow is anything but genuine. It draws her forward like a firefly, easily alighting on the palm of his hand. “I did,” she answers quickly, some kind of soft wonder in her voice as she takes another step toward him—the rich awe clear on her face as she takes in the gold of him, the velvety green. Her tongue touches her bottom lip for a second in thought before she takes yet another step, having no idea that she was wading deeper and deeper into the waters of him.

“I don’t mind being alone,” she says quickly, as though to ease his own concern. Her head tilts backward, looking over a thin shoulder to the horizon where she knows her family lies behind. “My brothers and sisters are back there,” a frown that tugs at her mouth, washing over her features. “Somewhere.”

How had she gotten so deep into the forest?

The question fades as quickly as it had arisen though and she once again finds herself pulled in by the magnetism of him, turning back to face him. She shifts, settling her weight as her wings fold over her back. “I am glad to be with you though,” her voice is hesitant, unsure why she would not give such a thought freely. She has never learned to not be forthcoming. Never learned to not show her heart.

“My name is Aero,” there’s something shy in the tilt of her head that mimics his own faux version.

“What is yours?”

aero

@[Molech]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that hate in your heart has been branded by my name; laura - by aero - 10-30-2020, 01:33 AM