• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, sabbath
    so make your siren's call and sing all you want, I will not hear what you have to say --
    He only catches a glimpse of her before she is suddenly rushing at him.

In that glimpse, he manages to deduce that she is lovely, with crimson dapples and scales across her face. He has never seen scales on anyone else besides the others on the island, but this is not what interests him. It is her eyes that he notices the most; sage-green and so sharp he might cut himself on their edges.

And then her teeth are at his throat, and though his ears flatten into the wild tangles of his mane and he throws his head up, her actions do not incite anger from him. Her teeth meet the hard frost of his dragon-like scales, and after taking a step back, he cannot help the low laugh that rumbles in his chest. “Easy there, viper,” he chides her, his voice rolling from his tongue like water as he tilts a far too handsome head so that he might observe her better.

She is still standing there, glowering and defensive, but he has already lowered his head and settled into a relaxed stance. The ocean breeze tugs and pulls at the strands of hair that have begun to dry, and he cannot fight the lazy smile that curls at the edge of his lips when he answers her, “I wasn't trying to sneak anywhere. If I were, you wouldn't have found me.”

He does not address the fact that he was, in fact, uninvited. He supposes she is correct on that point but is unconcerned by it. “My name is Varick,” he tells her, and he catches himself tracing the curve of her cheek with his eyes before they are again drawn back to her green ones. His face remains placid, bordering on the edge of unreadable, but the relaxed lines of his face and the easy curve of his lips suggests he does not intend to challenge her. “Do I get to learn your name, or are you just going to kick me out?”
    VARICK

@[Sabbath]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, sabbath - by Varick - 08-18-2020, 12:54 AM