• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And they lived happily ever after, The End. / Lepis /
    l e p i s
    gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
    She has looked for him in every stranger (and even in a few friends), yet when Wolfbane finally arrives, it is while wearing a familiar face.

Lepis has no way of knowing how long he has been here, yet there is something in the way he stands that suggest he is not in the mood to have waited long. She wastes no time, and with a physical roll of her shoulders releases the blanket of emotion with which she has covered Loess these last two years. The peace is gone faster than she can blink her navy-lashed eyes, and Lepis is left with a dull buzzing inside her chest and an ache just behind her eyes. It is not a painful sensation, but nor is it a comfortable one, and she allows the genuine irritation of it to show as she comes to a halt in the long shadow of his narrow perch.

The dun mare had promised a dragon that he could use Loess as tinder so long as she was allowed this moment. To ensure she was allowed it, she has used her gift from the pied magician, and kept sparks from her home. But now she muffles them no longer, and even does her best to pull all the peace out of the land as well, leaving malcontent to fester in its place. Perhaps it will serve as a lure to the firestarters, as a sign that she has kept her end of the bargain.

“I thought I’d made it rather clear that your presence is unwanted here.” She says. Her voice is measured, and her face has smoothed itself back to cool serenity by the time she speaks. She has made it this far. It will do no good to rush the rest of the plan by acting too hastily. “What must I do to ensure the lesson sticks?”

@[Wolfbane]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And they lived happily ever after, The End. / Lepis / - by Lepis - 08-22-2020, 08:05 PM