• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And they lived happily ever after, The End. / Lepis /

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

She would be be too late.

Eyas beat her slender, dark wings against a blackening sky and tucked her forelegs closer to her belly, stretching her body as thin as it could possibly go. The pegasus mare was hellbent on a mission, aimed for Loess, flying as fast as she could manage toward the growing plumes of smoke rising from the Kingdom. High above the world, Eyas couldn’t make out the landscape until she dipped lower. Then she saw them - horses fleeing the growing wildfires, animals scurrying or flapping away from where the smoke was darkest.

Eyas drew up and hovered expertly, letting her hind legs hang loosely beneath her while she contemplated and tapped into her magic. With her third eye open, the little witch could make out a hazy vision through the ash and fire, but it was useless. She couldn’t make out any identifying landmarks, but she could see Wolfbane and what was happening to him in the fray of utter chaos. Frustrated, Eyas snapped her magical eye shut and pumped her wings harder, rising up into the air again on a blind whim of feeling.

A dragon’s roar cut through the crackling and rumbling, sharp as iron and hot as flame itself. The buckskin mare halted, fluttering sideways with a look of incredulous disbelief as she witnessed a creature appear out of the din and heavy smoke. His wings were massive and blotted out the sky, and when he beat them against his sides, he dragged the ash and heavy clouds of oily darkness along with them. The sky itself looking like it was rolling around his huge, mythical form, and Eyas - no longer confused about where she should be flying - straightened herself out to head directly at the colossal creature. She had left @[Santana] without a word months ago, but right now she could kiss the dragon-shifter for his help.

Plunging into a wall of cinders, Eyas choked a bit and pushed herself on. There was nothing to see through the black fog, only the occasional bird flying in the opposite direction, and her ears were filled with the sounds of crackling, popping and hissing. This Loess was a place of nightmares, and just when Eyas thought she might not be able to push through, the sound of scuffling and Ghaul’s cry of “Finish him!” had her landing, galloping blindly ahead.

“Wait!” She screamed, clattering through the gorge and past Neverwhere, crouched alone far off from the rest. “Mother!” Eyas called out to her dam and skidded, stopping. Breathlessly she huffed, looking forward to see Ghaul with his teeth bared, looming over the beaten and barely-moving figure of Wolfbane.

Her ears fell back and she turned to Lepis, at her side in an instant. “There’s another way.” The little witch tucked her wings in and looked up to her mother, both eyes sparkling like onyx gems, “I know…” words failed her, but she swallowed and tried again, “I know how we can remove the curse. It’s a chance - but I’ll leave it up to you.” Eyas blinked away the smoke and coughed, turning her head aside.

The audience around them might think otherwise, and maybe Lepis herself thought Bane should die, but Eyas had seen her parents fighting in a vision and left the meadow to fly here just to give Lepis a choice. Gathering herself, Eyas looked down again to where Wolfbane lay in the bloody grime of his defeat and she waited for the moment of satisfaction to come. It was done, really. One way or another, Bane was subdued and the final moment of his demise was upon him; Eyas had made it in time.

Why, she wondered to herself, did she feel so empty?

EYAS

This substitutes a Bane reply. You can imagine he's all "ouch, pain, noooo" while being charred and stuff.
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And they lived happily ever after, The End. / Lepis / - by Eyas - 09-09-2020, 01:55 PM