• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

“Good,” Pteron replies, reflecting on the day’s session as he moves along beside Aegean. “Good. At this point it’s as much practice for me as training for him.” Halcyon is well past the basics, having clearly made an effort to learn even after Pteron’s absence had ended his childhood lessons in the art of war.

“Which does remind me,” he continues, glancing over at the antlered stallion, “I was thinking perhaps Asena and Aureus could join us soon. That is, if they want to.” Pteron is not entirely sure they will, but they’re old enough now that he should at least offer, he knows. Adarra had not wanted any part of it, so he knows that his love of it has not always been inherited by his children.

They make their way through the lush greenery of the island, travelling a path that Pteron is unfamiliar with. He’s mostly sure this is the right way. Even if it is not though, the sun overhead is warm and bright where it breaks through the canopy, and a cool breeze plays with the pale strands of Aegean’s hair that Pteron affectionately brushes back. It is a good day for a walk, and there is a slowly growing roar in the background. It is not a familiar sound, but he knows it means that they are nearing the waterfall.

“Do you hear it?” He asks Aegean, craning his head as though he might see it through the trees.

@[aegean]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean - by Pteron - 09-07-2020, 03:29 PM