• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes; aquaria
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

It is impossible for him to say the right thing, it seems, but Pteron bites back the sigh. He is not sure if it would have been more frustration or defeat, but he stews internally rather than talk and prove her more right.

Pteron is quiet for some time, with only the crash of the tide and the rustle of the sea grass sounding between them.

“I won’t let Halcyon down a second time.” That, at least, she should be able to believe. “I also plan on getting to know Cormorant more, if that’s something he wants.” The finned horse is an adult now, Pteron thinks, or close to it. Were he younger he’d have asked Aquaria’s permission and assumes (as usual) she knows this as well.

“I don’t plan on leaving again.” He tells her. “This is my home, where my family lives.” All of his family, he means. Not only his children, but their siblings as well, and Aquaria and Aegean. He will show this to her in the way she asks, Pteron thinks. Then, perhaps they can have the discussion again.

@[Aquaria]

-- pteron --