• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shot in the dark and right at my throat
    Nerine is usually ground for politics, or rather, it is to Leilan. Today it is more of a personal thing, having met the somewhat-uncanny Lumina on the Isle, and having a mind of visiting Brennen in his personal spa. Perhaps he’ll ask Eurwen if she wants to investigate - she seems to be of that nature as of late - or maybe he can question Cormorant on Ischia’s business - but it might be better if he takes his mind off of it, all in all.

He has paused, then, investigating the moors and wondering how many sheep and hares actually reside here; how many predators might it take to empty the place?

Zora comes to mind - Izora with her mind set on a draconic trait. He wonders if next time he sees her, she has a carnivorous nature. Would she taste different? He shakes his head, focusing on smaller game instead. He snarls at a bird nearby and it takes off, offended as birds are - into the very holes of its weightless bones.

Grinning, he makes off to find something else to do; as he turns, he spots a red figure meandering towards him, and so he comes to another standstill as Lilliana’s blue eyes fall upon himself, and she changes direction as well.

Don’t tell me you’ve lost my wayward son, she says and he cannot help but smile mischievously. ”Alright, I won’t tell.” Not that Nashua is actually lost - the kid knows where north is, and has never failed to find his way back - but it’s fun to tease the mare a little.

Grasses sway in the wind as he considers the flame-marked red mare before him, wondering not for the first time what goes on behind those sky-blue eyes. ”I always wondered if you don’t get too cold, up here?” he says instead - a question close enough to what he does want to know, but far enough away that he doesn’t really want to ask.

Her thoughts are her own, and probably should be, after all.

In fact, the last time he truly got to know a mare who interested him, well - he doesn’t think he’ll ever truly recover. Not even with someone new distracting him.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a shot in the dark and right at my throat - by Leilan - 08-23-2020, 01:20 PM