• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  who knows when our good luck runs out; maze
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

In this moment, Breach ignores the sadness that could well within her.

Something endless and painful—something that could pull her under if she was not careful.

(Her mother. Yadigar. Herself. All these deaths, each so different and yet so acutely painful.)

Instead, she throws herself into the ease of her friendship with Maze. The absolute trust that she has in the other shifter. She studies her face and gives herself the moment to linger in the warmth of the reunion, keeping the ghosts at bay that threaten to pluck at her strings. “I wouldn’t go anywhere that you wouldn’t be,” she answers easily, comfortable expressing the depth of her friendship with the other mare.

She laughs then, looking to the horizon.

“Perhaps something I may not mistake during a hunt someday,” she says, thinking back to the first time that they had sparred, each shifting as many times as they could. “I have a feeling that there will be others who will join soon enough.” A hope, more than anything. A desperate wish. She couldn’t fail at this. She couldn’t bear to have her mother awaken and have to stare into her face and let her know she’d failed.

A shrug, as though she could misplace the worry with just a simple jerking of her shoulders.

“I do have a favor to ask of you though.”

Another smile, this one more genuine.

“We are in need of a Champion.”

She says nothing further. Letting the question remain unasked, hanging in the air between them.

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who knows when our good luck runs out; maze - by breach - 10-29-2020, 09:26 PM