• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  who knows when our good luck runs out; maze
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

Her friend’s trust in her is steadfast, absolute, and she is grateful for it. So deeply grateful for the relief in knowing that at least one of them had faith in her ability to lead the pack—to grow it, to nurture it. There is a piece of her as flighty as she was in her youth that still dreams of taking to the skies and never returning. Of finding the next breeze and letting it carry her out into the sea and into the beyond.

Somewhere, anywhere, where she could be herself.

If she even knew what that was anymore.

But she remains, planting roots where she would prefer to rip them up, and she can only be grateful that it is by the side of those like Maze. Those who watch her with a smile and then a sly grin and then the offer of help. It teases another smile out of Breach who laughs. “Bring back predators and not prey, if you can.”

A soft laugh before the conversation shifts once more.

That Maze’s first response is to be honored strikes her to very core—cutting through her as she realizes the full weight of the request—and she finds that she cannot say more on it. Does not trust herself to explain why she has asked the mare. The trust she has in Mazikeen and the knowledge that there was none other that she would be willing to trust with the weight of the request. So she says nothing.

Instead she grins again, more comfortable with the direction that Maze has taken the conversation. She smiles with the teeth of a wolf, sharp and glittering beneath her velveteen lips.

“You know that you do not need to ask me twice.”

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who knows when our good luck runs out; maze - by breach - 11-20-2020, 01:01 AM