• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Never quite sure if it was the cold that brought the ice dragon....
    Leilan
    They come, slowly, most certainly annoyed, but they come. For Neverwhere it’s not a change in behaviour, and frankly, the dragon on the rocks enjoys staring at the dragon-scaled buckskin. Her transformations are complete, then, he notices. She’s by far the most beautiful of the trio right now, glimmering gold and black and... his eye falls on a seething Lilliana, and he cannot help but smiles. Perhaps she feels bloated and ugly, but there’s nothing in his gaze that reveals any sort of similar conclusion. She’s ablaze in so many senses of the word, he almost laughs at the idea of poking her and see if she will deflate - but just in time, Neverwhere speaks up in her usual, unamused dry tones, and this saves Lilli - and himself - from his most immediate, snappy response.

”None of you made the trip before, so I guess some introduction is needed - welcome to the northernmost land in Beqanna. To my right and your left: what’s left of the Isle’s forest, previously the main food source,” for both herbivores and carnivores, ”If you turn South... well, everything short of Nerine is to the south.” he shrugs a bit, large scaled silver shoulders gleaming when the light hits them; his bronze head turns to Neverwhere. ”I believe we don’t have many truces or alliances set in stone?” he inquires just to make sure. ”So far, among the youngsters here are Oceane’s son as well as Aquaria’s, which might help the Tephrans and Loessians lean towards a more favourable position regarding ourselves.”

So far of an explanation of wanting to go and meet with these lands to the south, he supposes. Solidify these things, don’t let them depend on whims - ”Regarding the Pangeans, I believe that’s why I’m here. As are you; this here forest is not how I like to imagine Taiga looking.” He tilts his head, reading between them, landing on Izora with some sort of interested gleam. ”What else can you do?” he wonders. She had been swimming beneath the surface if he had not been mistaken. Perhaps she had some sort of protective power to measure up to the fires, as well? He sure knows his own result in... altered sorts of damage, really, when matched with dragonfire. The steam and cracking rock had been a terrible downside for the Isle, for a while anyway.

By now, he’s passed over Lilli twice; finally letting his ice blue reptilian orbs rest on the... there was no other word but swollen mare. ”How are the children?” He barely is able to cover for the word “our” that might have surfaced in his mind, but definitely didn’t want to call them “hers” exclusively. He tilts his head in his usual way, no different from when he’d been a horse. A green hint to his eyes matches the ocean she’s just swam through as he continues. ”I don’t think you’ve had trouble getting here in your buoyant state?”
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Izora Lethia]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Never quite sure if it was the cold that brought the ice dragon.... - by Leilan - 09-06-2020, 08:43 AM