• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  [KINGDOM MEETING] [Alliance due Monday 14] ...or the ice dragon that brought the cold
    Leilan
    A change of crowns usually comes with other changes, and Leilan hasn’t even introduced them himself. He rides the waves of change with ease, greeting the winds like an old friend. Ah, how he missed the freedom of change - the impeding moments that would leas to a different future - and different rules (if any).

The council of the north felt little different than the one he’d once installed right here on the Isle, and he grins a bit to himself with the idea. Back then, it had seemed the only logical conclusion when he himself had not yet grown into the role - now, it seemed only logical because his leadership stemmed from them. Either way, he was happy with the idea of it - to bring about the voice of the Northerners as one kingdom, and then supposedly with the force of a dragon’s voice, of course. The world seemed to need the dragons to rule, somehow.

A dragon for a dragon, as it were.

Of course, in the case of the Isle, that joke was a little too little, too late. Besides, so many horses sought power in scales these days, it was hard to keep track. Nevertheless it seemed to him, sort of fitting that the north has their own.

A King of Winter.

He calls them all - not only Icicles, but the Rocks and Trees as well. They all get to hear that leadership has changed; out of some sort of courtesy, he then shifts back and installs himself on the beach, so that the ones who haven’t been fully frozen yet, may return quickly if they wish.

”I’ve been elected king in the North,” he announces without due when enough faces have arrived. ”For those who do not know my name, it’s Leilan. I’ve had my fair share living here before most of you, and certainly before your council of the north, which besides me consists of the three fine ladies ruling Nerine and Taiga - though I shall not claim to be as ancient as Nerine’s Champion.” He smirks a bit, but continues before anyone would be able to comment. ”Speaking of which, the fairies have called out an Alliance as a friendly test of strength and character. I’m wondering which of you would like to go - and asking for volunteers to make visits to other lands, as well. I wish to know who we can call upon and who would rather be ignored.”

His gold and silver tail moves by a breeze, his now green eyes taking in the horses that meet him here. Brown ears turn forward in his expectant gaze. ”Oh, I’ll be sure to make either of those tasks worth your while.” he adds, almost like an afterthought.
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

IC / OOC Activity check / kingdom meeting / call for diplomats / call for Alliance volunteers!

If volunteering for the Alliance, please also fill out the form OOC (or reply OOC only).

If volunteering for a diplomatic mission and you have a preference, let me know (either here or on our Discord)!

Any form of activity may be rewarded with a rise in ranks or other perks.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

Nashua had been told by his Aunt Elena often that he was like his mother. He had sometimes felt like the black sheep of his family and he had learned that the confession just wasn't his own. His mother, apparently years before, had said the same thing to his golden guardian before the pair of them had left Beyond for unknown realms and horizons yet to be discovered. It isn't something that he has broached with her yet, why she had felt like that, and why he feels as he does (Nash with his green eyes, with his wings and stripes).

Of all the horses gathered here, it's easy for him to spy her first. (He always looks for her and Yanhua in every crowd.) In the autumn sun, his mother looks hale. Her copper coat catches the sun much as his does and when her blue eyes seek him out, it almost distracts him from the subtle changes of her.  They linger there as a smile blooms on her face and warms her gaze before Leilan speaks and both of them turn their attention to the newly-crowned King of the North. Nashua pulls his wings tightly to his chestnut sides and listening carefully to what the Dragon King has to say.

Leilan has been his Freyr for the better part of a year now. He has been more than that for longer. There is admiration in the way that Nash watches the freshly-elected monarch and this change comes with no opposition from him. The roan stallion has brought new life to this Isle and the young pegasus doesn't doubt that the new growth would extend to the rest of the North. That under Leilan, the North could rebuild and grow and change.

His green eyes watch the stallion on the beach as he introduces himself and the very first changes to the North. The introduction of a Council that includes three women that have all shaped the young stallion in some way. It sparks the start of a smile on Nashua's pale lips and his stance relaxes as he continues to listen to the edicts that the Freyr proposes. His brown ears prick forward, eager to catch all his words. What Leilan says of the Alliance - something he has heard about from his mother's stories and learned to associate with Kagerus - immediately brightens his expression.

"I volunteer," Nash says with question or hesitance. "I would like to the represent the North in the Alliance." The young stallion even takes a step forward from the crowd of gathered horses, in case Leilan had any doubt where the answer had come from. He lifts his head and gives the taller stallion a boyish grin. It only breaks because he can see his mother frowning, that something is reflecting out from her gaze that looks uncertain. Nash turns to look at her momentarily but neither say anything. Now is not the time or place for the conversation that needs to pass between them.

Lilliana presses her lips into a tight line and Nashua nods to Leilan, more determined to follow through on his proclamation. The blazed-face stallion raises his proud head and decides it was well past time to take his place in the North.

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands

Entry Name: Nashua
    Body Type & Height: Lean/Hispano-Arabe type. 16 hh.
    Abilities (note: if the ability can vary between horses, e.g. mimicry, please state which characteristics your character expresses): Wings. Healing. Lunar Protection. (and not sure if this counts but soon invisibility)
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]
    Her second wish had brought them to the Isle, but the third had gone unanswered. So had the fourth, and the fifth, and by the time Hackett finally stirs at her feet, Lumina has lost count of them entirely.

“I wish…” the words fade as the teal colt pulls himself to his feet, and whatever might have followed is replaced by an affectionate touch to the boy’s patterned side. He moves to nurse, an instinctive action, and though he was not pushed from her own loins there is still sustenance for him. Milk her own child never had need of, born still and cold as they were. Lumina sighs, and bathes him with her tongue, and for the first time realizes that he is nameless.

What would Delphi have named him, she wonders?

Lumina had spent the last half month with her sister, and yet she had never asked. Delphi had never shared, either, the both of them as meek and docile as herd mares might be, content to graze on what little grew in the cenote and rarely inclined to speak. She could have named a girl after her sister, but a boy?

“Hackett.” She finally says, and the boy presses his dun-marked forehead against her belly before taking a few steps away. She’s not sure where he is going, but Lumina is content to follow him. She follows him all the way to a meeting, even, where with the boldness of youth he steps up beside a chestnut pegasus. A sharp snort draws him back to Lumina’s side, and she avoids eye-contact with the stranger, finding that the ice dragon from here first visit is the one to address them all. Much of what he says has little meaning to Lumina. A council, a champion? The Alliance she knows of – a rigged set of battles, or so her father has said – but the coppery stallion that Hackett had approached seems eager to volunteer.

“I would like to visit other lands.” She says, having gathered the courage for some time. “I’m Lumina,” she says, looking down at the colt now leaning against her so that she need not look at anyone else. “And this is Hackett, my son.”

ooc: lumina and hackett are here to live and lumina will go visit place if she doesn't have to go by herself!

Yanhua

Yahua hoped his delay with Amarine hadn’t made him extremely tardy to the coronation, but if it did he smiled to himself knowing the absence was worth it. Amarine was… a special mare. Not like anyone he’d met before, and time spent with her could hardly be time wasted in Yanhua’s opinion. There was so much knowledge she could impart on him! Likewise, there was so much he could practice with her. Their friendship made natural sense: in a twist of Beqanna irony the two horses were equally yolked; their magicks were similar but not the same, and in her companionship Yanhua found a serenity and beauty he’d found nowhere else. He really liked Ama, and that thought warmed his icy descent into the sea as the chestnut stallion swam from Nerine to Icicle isle.

Further out the water solidified, and Yan struggled but quickly dragged himself up onto the sheet of ice that had frozen like a solid cap over the water. The sheet of white spanned more than a few miles back, where it met with the Isle’s shoreline, and Yanhua was already beginning to tremble uncontrollably from the shock and cold so he picked up a brisk trot and slid-hopped along the surface of the ice until his split hooves met solid land again.

“Thank the gods.” He muttered darkly as he stepped onto the pebble shore, regaining his balance. Yan had never been happier to be on solid ground. This Isle Nashua was living in was no place for small children or the faint of heart; journeying this far had nearly sapped his energy already, and Yanhua had never really thought of himself as a weakling even if he’d been a shy boy as a colt. But this? The swim and harsh conditions were rough, and he’d only just made it.

Leilan was introducing himself when Yan slipped into the gathering a few minutes later, stopping away from the mare whose youngling had approached his brother Nashua with a boldness that left Yanhua chuckling under his breath. Shivering, the goat-like unicorn stamped his hooves in the ice and snow, looking out for Lilliana. She was positioned at the fore of the group, standing near Leilan and Izora where she could look out at the gathering of horses joined together for this coronation. Her son winked at her, moving forward to take the empty space beside Nashua now that the colt had been called back to his mother Lumina.

Without shame, Yan pushed himself underneath Nash’s wing for warmth and together the twin brothers listened respectfully as the sermon was addressed. By the end Yanhua was warm enough to not need the cover, and he looked up in pleasant surprise when Nashua blurted out his eager request to join the Alliance representatives. Privately, Yan was elated. He’d come to the Isle for more reasons than the coronation alone, but this surprise would’ve been enough of a reason to make the journey regardless. His brother, an Alliance contender? Well well… Yan contemplated to himself with a smile.

Lumina spoke up thereafter, and when she quieted down Yanhua interjected.
    “I’m Yanhua of Taiga and I, too, would like to represent my redwood homeland in the Alliance.” He announced with a grin and a respectful dip of his head towards the newly-crowned dragon King. Then, peeking out from underneath his stern brows, he eyed Nashua with another wink. They’d have time to revel and catch up later, after the ceremony; for now he hoped his twin’s reaction would be half as surprised as his own had been.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

Entry Name: Yanhua
    Body Type & Height: Athletic Trakhener build. 17 hh.
    Abilities (note: if the ability can vary between horses, e.g. mimicry, please state which characteristics your character expresses): Empathic Echoes, Goat Mimicry (Goat horns, goat hooves, Goat beard and tufted tail), Intangibility, Glowing Markings, Immortality