• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Aodhán
    Aodhán

He’s fortunate, he muses, to have chosen such a large shape when he felt the need to lay the egg. Large enough to contain a small foal, or perhaps something else. Something smaller? Something different. Honestly, with his own ever-changing nature, the white and spotted stallion cannot be sure about what his child - a child of his own, because Carnage really isn’t going to be involved - will turn out to be. The ones with Eva had always been aquatic in nature, and perhaps this one is as well; or it could be something else completely.

Aquaria seems okay with their weird sense of co-parenting, and his arrival for the day’s watch indicates that she may have time for herself - either she makes her rounds, or perhaps she can catch up with some sleep. She comments about the egg in the hot sand, and he smiles warmly, like mothers might when their child is complemented - and androgynous fathers too. ”The gold’s all mine, but the rest remains a surprise,” he answers, his eyes shining in the morning light as he transfers his gaze to the creature-to-be. ”What about yours? Any guesses about what they’ll look like?” he queries, curious as ever to know the answer.

A name, though. He muses a little. ”Pending their gender, I guess. Something of nature, something wild and beautiful.” he thinks. Carnage had been just that, a wolf in sheep’s clothing, a rose with thorns, a lure with a sharper edge. Aodhán couldn’t possible mind any if that, but chances are the child would be just the same, and the name should fit that.

He looks to the nereid with a curious glance to his eyes. ”Have you?”

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Aodhán - by Aodhan - 09-13-2020, 04:23 AM