• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

impossible to ignore you
    Sabbath had never permitted Dacre to meet his father so long as she watched over him. He was perfect in every way, but she was selfish in her love for him. Now he lingers beneath the waves and she wonders if he has found the island where the marine herd gathers. She wonders if Varick goes there when he isn’t pestering her here in the humid jungle. Does he lead an entirely separate life there?

She watches the tide of anger rise and fall from his face when she speaks. She can recall only glimpses of Ivar, much as she could with Varick, before he returned to admire the swell of her stomach. But he is unlike his ancestors in that he has returned to see his child, she supposes. It opens the possibility that he may be different in other ways as well.

Her muscles tense as she watches him lower his head to their child’s slender neck. Crowns seems delighted at the affections, curling close despite the cold chill of his sire’s skin. Sabbath watches bits of frost flake off into the fluff of his newborn mane before she slowly steps closer. He makes her a promise and some fragile piece of her wants to believe him. That last sliver of her kindness breathes a calm into her soul as she reaches to kiss at Crowns’ temple.

Break your promise to me and I will find a way to destroy you,” she warns him. The navy blue colt lifts his chin to gaze up at them for a short while.

“Crowns,” he answers, recalling the way she whispered it to him only moments ago. Sabbath peers down at him and nods with a gentle smile on her face. “Crowns, the little king of my heart,” she explains with another kiss to his small face.
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-07-2020, 10:41 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-08-2020, 12:52 AM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-08-2020, 06:24 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-12-2020, 11:58 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-13-2020, 09:53 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-15-2020, 12:50 AM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-16-2020, 08:44 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Varick - 09-26-2020, 06:54 PM
    RE: impossible to ignore you - by Sabbath - 09-27-2020, 09:19 PM