• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wolves that eddy out the corner of his eyes || Nashua

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

Nashua tries not to think about death overmuch (though maybe he should; that daring is bound to get him into trouble one day). He isn't Immortal like the rest of his family and out of all his maternal siblings, he is only one who will grow gray and wither away with age. Death could come creeping one night while he sleeps, claiming his life before Nash could open his green eyes to another dawn.

Maybe that's why Nash doesn't think about it often. Maybe that's why, for the few times he's imagined it, Nashua imagines his end will be something filled with glory. He likes to imagine that since this life is not something he will survive, he might do something of such merit or honor that will allow his memory to live on long after he is gone. (He doesn't think of it often but don't think that Lilliana's son isn't capable of grand aspirations. He just dreams differently.)

Standing in front of the adolescent pegasus, the older snorts gently. If there had been any doubts about the paternity of the golden dappled boy, the way that he heals himself solidifies the fact in Nashua's mind. (And he thinks of Celina, the scar he still bears from where her kelpie teeth had bitten. Of the way, he had told her, My turn.) Giving his head a nod, he lowers it to where Wherewolf lays his.

He listens and though teasing, it isn't said unkindly. Nashua's voice - still hoarse from Loess - comes out gravely. "Your epitaph will be very short."

I'm dying. The boy tells him and Nash fights back a smile.

"Here lies Wherewolf," he starts, "son of the serious Neverwhere, Queen of Nerine."

Pulling his wings tighter around himself and finally lifting his refined head, his green eyes glance down to the colt. "I could add more if you stand."

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Wolves that eddy out the corner of his eyes || Nashua - by Nashua - 09-18-2020, 09:23 PM