• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the crowd gets thin when the noose gets tighter; Desire

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

His agitation runs deep. Far deeper than he truly understands. There is something more here and it infuriates him that he cannot quite grasp it. That he doesn’t know why or what. It’s that as much as her insistence that she would never give up on him fueling the anger inside him. The anger he knows how to release far too easily. That, far more than anything else, feels comfortable and familiar. As though he has been wallowing in it his entire life.

Her apology cuts him, his jaw tightening as the steely glint of his dark gaze grows even harder. A piece of him wants to throw the apology back at her, but he catches it before it leaves his tongue. There are some things that could not be unsaid, and something deep inside warns that perhaps there had already been too many of those kinds of words between them.

In any case, he cannot refute her words. They sound truthful, and though it stings to know she hadn’t tried in spite of not knowing, he cannot truly fault her for it. It is foolish to imagine there had ever been anything between them that might imply she would, regardless of her words.

It’s that realization that causes the bubble of rage to sink deep into the pit of his stomach. Some buried part of him knew not to expect it of her, even if he couldn’t remember anything about her. Why she would say the words, he’s not certain, but he knows beyond a doubt they aren’t true.

She wouldn’t come for him. Not ever.

“Stop apologizing,” he bites back sharply, his fury fading as something hollow replaces it. An empty he doesn’t wish to explore. “You don’t require forgiveness. You must know there’s nothing between us. I don’t know why you would pretend there is.”

Just as he had recognized his name, just as he had recognized hers, he knows it’s the truth. In the same way, he also knows it would serve no one to admit how much he hates it.

@[Desire]
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    He tells her to stop apologizing, and she decides that she has had enough.

Her mother, she knows, would have withstood his barbed tongue and agitated nature; she would have done whatever she could to prove to him she would not make the same mistake again, would have stayed with him until she felt she had adequately soothed his clearly frayed nerves.

But Desire is not Ryatah, and truthfully, she does not care. She does not care that he has no memories, does not care that the sight of her mother had set him right up against some precipice he seemed ready to fall—or jump—off.

So her eyes grow sharp, and if he had been entirely of his right mind he likely would have noticed something was off. He would know that never once has Ryatah’s face ever been crafted of the indifferent stone that it is now. “Fine,” and the word is nearly spat, and it is nothing like the lyrical softness of her angel mother. Her head tilts then, arrogant and unyielding, though she still wears Ryatah’s illusion. “Then I won’t waste my time anymore.” She has retreated several steps, her body turning to make her leave—angel wings seeming to flicker and shudder in the light— before she throws a glance over her shoulder, and with it one last honey-sweet barb and a wicked smile, “There was a reason I always preferred Carnage and Atrox over you, you know.”

She slips away then, her laugh lingering as she disappears.

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[Ashhal]

figured I would close this!