• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the crowd gets thin when the noose gets tighter; Desire

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

It is the very nature of their lengthy and turbulent history, the more than century-long spread of his memories, that had made them such a delectable and irresistible meal to the hungry beast that had stolen them. Of course, even that he could not remember. Though he feels the truth of his years somewhere deep inside, he has no true concept of just how many years it had actually been. Cannot hope to recall just how pivotal the angelic mare before him (or rather, the one her facsimile represents) had been to him.

Instead he is left with only the barest bones to pick at. The knowledge she had unwittingly gifted him in their brief interaction so far.

When she sidles closer to him, he doesn’t move away. His dark gaze follows her, sharp and wary even as a hint of hunger begins to creep in. A hunger that feels as impossibly familiar as the way his skin begins to burn with the anticipation of her touch. His body remembering what his mind cannot.

The thought of starting over is surprisingly pleasant. As though he had been stuck in an endless cycle and he had, finally, been given a chance to break free. To truly start over. A foolish thought, but enticing nevertheless. He can feel something in his mind stir, as though it wishes to grasp, but her next words cause it to fizzle and fade.

I think you’re worth it she had said.

“No,” the sharp response is visceral. As unexpected as it is expected. “I’m not.” He’s not certain why he feels it so deeply, but he knows it’s true. And he will not be lied to. Not about this.

@[Desire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the crowd gets thin when the noose gets tighter; Desire - by Ashhal - 11-24-2020, 12:30 PM