• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Loess burns. And with it, Oceane's heart breaks.

She glides far above the foothills, but the heat of the flames below her are still hot on her opaline underbelly. The smoke nearly chokes her, and at times the pegasi is forced to move higher, to cleaner air, to counter the dizziness she begins to feel. Panicked gasps turn raspy in the rawness of her throat but still she glides closer to the earth whenever the dizziness subsides.

She thinks of @[Lepis], of @[Soran], of Altum and Kestrell.

She hopes they have already found their way to safety.

There is nothing she can do but call out to the Loessian wildlife and plead for them to run - she directs them from the sky, leading as many as she can to safety away from the flames. As she begins to loop back towards the heart of the territory for another flyover, her attention is pulled towards the arrival of an army.

There is something odd about them. Something empty. She extends her feathered wings and dares to swoop a bit lower, grimacing against the heat of the flames and the thickness of the smoke.

She uses her zoolingualism to call to the creatures, but there is no response or acknowledgment. Undead. She had seen them before in Nau-Aib, but never in Beqanna, and if they are similar in any way, her newly blossoming hopelessness might be well-founded. Oceane forces a slow exhale from her ajar maw to calm herself; it is accentuated by a cough, but it gives her a moment to remember that the undead in Nau-Aib had needed an arithmancer to guide them.

It's not much, but it's something.

She immediately begins to search as best she can through the fog and flames. Despite the blanket of ash he carries, Oceane recognizes @[ghaul] in the midst of the chaos. She gives him a wide birth, hoping that she is hidden from his view within the smoke as she continues to search for the undead commander. Last she knew, he did not possess such a power, but much can change in this universe.

Hidden between the flames, the shadows, and the smoke, an obsidian and galaxy-painted equine lurks. Oceane, who nearly flies by, is lucky to spot them as she glides overhead. They remain back from the action, and appear to be concentrating on something else entirely - Oceane is hopeful. Could this be the puppeteer? She reaches out with her zoolingualism again, to the snakes and wolves and cougars that she had ushered away from the flames, and she asks them to investigate what it is that @[stave] is doing just at the edge of the territory.

With bated breath, Oceane circles again, and waits as the creatures agree to do her bidding and start to close in on the galaxy-coated stallion.

@[all]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by ghaul - 09-10-2020, 09:21 PM
    RE: i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by Oceane - 09-13-2020, 08:49 PM