• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans
    GHAUL
    And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire
    Loess burns easily with no one fighting to keep it safe from him. He is almost disappointed, but he knew that this victory would be served to him on a silver platter. Ghaul turns and watches the undead creatures as they come marching into the fire. That can only mean that Stave has arrived to assist him, a fact that brings a grin to his face.

“Ghaul, it’s time for this to end,” he hears someone call over the roaring fire. The Pangean king turns and assesses the stranger - tall, like him. A bit more broad-chested and covered in serpentine scales. Like Gospel, he thinks. Ghaul offers a soft croon in an attempt at friendship, but he is met with a guttural hiss of rejection. Like Adna, then. The thought curls his lips back as he bares his teeth.

It will not end. This is the beginning. Can’t you see what I’m building here?” he pleads, stalking closer to meet his brother. “This was never a war. This is a rebirthing of this world, a second chance at greatness.

But Larva does not seem moved by the words. He slithers closer as the two begin to circle one another, sons born of the same curse finally meeting in the inferno. The viper remains silent as he allows the younger male to carry on. Let him reveal his grand scheme and then be done with it.

Fire burns that which is weak. The ashes are the foundation that makes the forest spring back twice as tall. Through destruction, we clear the way for whatever comes after us.

Ghaul steps in to test his brother and Larva shies backward, just as quick. The serpent has studied the draconic king and learned his mannerisms well enough to know that his words are all leading up to the same inevitable end - a clashing of teeth and scales to prove who is the superior hunter.

“Enough. You’re not the hand of fate.”

And then the dragon launches himself at Larva, talons outstretched so they slice right into his hip. The viper pulls backward with limping steps as he roars in fury. Ghaul is too eager to take the bait, moving forward once more to swipe for a shoulder. Larva sidesteps and ducks his head, opening his jaws wide to sink his fangs into the soft base of his brother’s throat. The Pangean shrieks with a blend of horror and agony while venom floods his veins.

Stumbling back, he gnashes his teeth and fights to remain standing.

You think you are worthy to destroy me?! You are a worm at the feet of kings! A filthy larva!

But the wartorn old serpent can only laugh.

“I don’t intend to kill you. I only want to watch.”

And then he steps back from the fire and the smoke.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by ghaul - 09-10-2020, 09:21 PM
    RE: i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by ghaul - 09-13-2020, 09:15 PM