• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

baby, kiss it better; pangeans
    Ciri is missing from my side, and I don't know where she's gone. The telltale weight of her mind against the edges of mine is faint, barely there, and I struggle to locate it at all amid the shouting thoughts that have erupted among us. 

"Ciri? Ciri, where have you gone?" I whisper aloud, knowing she'll never hear me through the mind-numbing clamour. Then again, she might not hear me through the sound that fills the air either. Hissing, crackling fire that devours all it touches, wind that howls and whips the flames higher. And voices. So many voices, silent and aloud that scream and cry and cackle. It's enough to drive anyone mad. 

I follow the sounds, knowing Ciri will look to help because that's who she is. Me? I would turn tail and run if it were just me. I'd find shelter somewhere and wait it out. But not Ciri. And I have to find her before I can feel safe. 

The chaos I stumble on is unthinkable. It's flames and bodies colliding, blood and ash flying. Creatures I've never seen before, could not have imagined for myself in a hundred years are cantering through the mess, making more rubble in their way. My eyes are scanning with frantic speed, looking for the beautiful blue and gold that is my friend. Any sign of her, any trace. 

And then I see her, or I think I do. Blue and gold, yes, but spewing flame and covered in jagged edges. A harsher version of the girl I'm looking for. And like a mirror being held to her, then I see the one I'm looking for. I see Cirilla, moving as if she's sleepwalking until a gout of flame scores her. Burns her. 

Then I'm screaming too. 

----------------

Amarine felt frozen in place. Her marble eyes watched with ever growing horror as the scene deteriorated into plain chaos, every horse and beast for themselves. She felt her muscles ache with how tightly they were being held, the ripple of Panic waning as her strength faded. It was a big feeling to hold, especially when you didn't mean to. 

The feeling didn't fade quickly enough, though. Not soon enough for her to not become a target, and before she understood what was happening, a flame-breathing girl emerged from the madness, murder in her eyes. The heat that had been merely environmental until now grew very personal indeed, scorching tongues that licked at her face and chest while she backed away quickly. The scent of burning hair filled her nose, as her forelock sizzled and dusted away into ashes. Fear filled her again, weakly beating against her ribs as the pair of draconic siblings neared. 

A sudden flood of Rage dizzied the pony mare. Pure as the fire itself, and just as hot. Ama knew enough to recognize that it wasn't her emotion she was feeling, but it was potent nonetheless. Strong enough that she had to work not to let it overtake her. 

Two things then happened almost in unison. 

Ama pushed away from the assailants, with enough force to stir the air. To tease the blazing wind into its trickster coils and birth a tornado between herself and the danger.

The second was an unearthly howl. A scream like the hosts of hell being unleashed on earth, as an undersized girl with vividly pink horns barreled for the draconic siblings, wrath in every line of her body and hellish pink light in her eyes. 

------------

tldr; Tarte has joined the party! She saw Ciri getting injured and is now barreling with her horns down toward Sphyx and Virgil while they try to burn Ama. She is generating large amounts of Rage. 

Ama's Panic is wearing off, but in defense of the flames being directed toward her she has inadvertently created a tornado that is now out of her control. Isa big 'un.

Messages In This Thread
    baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by yadigar - 09-10-2020, 09:48 PM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Brennen - 09-11-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Eurwen - 09-11-2020, 04:00 AM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Straia - 09-11-2020, 10:10 AM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Beryl - 09-11-2020, 10:38 AM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Anaxarete - 09-11-2020, 11:25 AM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by breach - 09-11-2020, 12:24 PM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Amarine - 09-11-2020, 01:19 PM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by asphyxea - 09-11-2020, 02:02 PM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by spirit - 09-11-2020, 05:02 PM
    RE: baby, kiss it better; pangeans - by Beyza - 09-11-2020, 07:14 PM