• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you're the means and the end
    asphyxea
    i've been around this world and now everything's a bore
    i don't know that much, but i know about keeping score
    In another world, one of two-dimensional characters and emotions expressed with the push of a button, Asphyxea would stop dead in her tracks. She'd stare mouth agape, tongue-lolling, two pulsing hearts where her eyes should be. Who was this creature that spoke to her as if fire didn't expel from her mouth at will? Typically, Phyx is an irate being with little patience but when her madness is matched by another's - why, she is daunted, aghast, perhaps in the throws of infatuation.

"Lizard-breath?" Phyx parrots with a confused cock of her head. She watches Poppy with pale, reptilian eyes, wondering if this stranger is truly intimate enough with dragons to call their breath exactly as it is. She is bemused, not quite agitated; but the fog is quickly cleared by the clarity she needs to fully observe the lightning crackling along Poppy's skin. The white light is hypnotic, powerful, enchanting in a way Phyx has never quite experience. Growing up with dragons and monsters in Beqanna's favorite wasteland, isn't often that the dragonness is impressed by another power.

But this? Lightning that strikes at will? A daring voice? Asphyxea is amazed. She wants to run her lips over the electricity even if it leaves her reelings.

Phyx holds as still as statue when the mare reaches up to touch her antlers; and she allows her to, even dipping them a bit to offer more range. She can only imagine what the sparkling jade must look like against Poppy's lips, but what she sees is beautiful and perhaps, dangerous. Even when electricity balls with a hiss above her head, Asphyxea doesn't shy. She shivers with anticipation, wondering if the stranger will attempt to strike her and if so - will she allow it? She wonders what it would be like to take a hit without swinging back but -

The magic fizzles away and with a striking sense of disappointment, Phyx releases a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"No," she answers bluntly, fighting off the grimy, green teeth of envy. "But if you were to let me burn you, I could heal you with it, too," is a quick, sniping addition she follows with a playful blow of flames. She lifts her head back and arches her neck, glimmering antlers glowing silver beneath the moonlight.

"I'm Asphyxea. Who are you?"
    and if there's one thing i know for sure,
    it'd be a long cold day in hell when i take you back

@[Popinjay] hahahahahahahahahaha i couldnt get those dumb anime heart eyes out of my head

Messages In This Thread
    you're the means and the end - by asphyxea - 09-11-2020, 01:13 AM
    RE: you're the means and the end - by Popinjay - 09-25-2020, 07:33 PM
    RE: you're the means and the end - by asphyxea - 09-27-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: you're the means and the end - by Popinjay - 10-24-2020, 12:23 PM
    RE: you're the means and the end - by asphyxea - 11-08-2020, 09:59 PM
    RE: you're the means and the end - by Popinjay - 11-25-2020, 07:44 PM