• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  what we owe to each other
    B E Y Z A
    remember me when i’m reborn as a shrike

There’s changes in the young stallion before her, that much seems evident. Beyza can tell something has changed, but she thinks little of it. After all, she has changed too, has she not?

And it is so easy to convince herself that he is different because she knows his other-self. Knows the power and might that lurks beneath his shadow-skin.

In response to his question, at first her thoughts just breathe out a single, quiet word. “Together.” If he is who she thinks he is she’s sure that this is something he can do on her own, but there is such a strong drive for Beyza to be helpful - like a tide pulling her to him. She’d offer anything just to get the chance to linger near his shadows and show him what she could do with her light.

The parasite (demon, monster, alien, whatever it was) within her is a weight she cannot ignore. She knows her body so well, knows the pulse of her magic, and carrying something Other within her is not a fact she can ignore for even a second. “I think brought something back with me. I can feel it now, in my core. A piece of your home.” She wonders if the others would have brought something back too - if even now, scattered across Beqanna, a whole host of these creatures slumbers in wait to grow inside those that carried them through the veil. “If you can survive here, they can too. Like will call to like and a new world can be built within this one.” Although she wears their scars across her neck and on her legs from where she had been torn, she does not fear this future.

Beyza doesn’t have the tendency to destroy, but rather to create. Beqanna does not need to be burnt to the ground to be rebuilt, it can change and evolve from where it is now. She can see it so easily - this possibility - and she watches him now so carefully to see what these words might spark in him. A sliver of her old fear, the memory of the pain that comes with rejection, squirms inside of her though she does her best to not let it infect her.

Whatever his response, it will not change what is going to happen - nor will it change what she has called him here to witness.

Messages In This Thread
    what we owe to each other - by Beyza - 09-11-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by jamie - 09-11-2020, 06:59 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by Beyza - 09-11-2020, 07:30 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by jamie - 09-11-2020, 07:42 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by Beyza - 09-11-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by jamie - 09-12-2020, 11:52 AM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by Beyza - 09-12-2020, 12:54 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by jamie - 09-12-2020, 01:14 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by Beyza - 09-14-2020, 07:07 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by jamie - 09-16-2020, 03:45 PM
    RE: what we owe to each other - by Beyza - 09-26-2020, 08:08 PM