• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and when I break it's in a million pieces, Elio

He reminds her of secrets; something too bright to keep, and yet she wants to try anyway. She wants to tuck him away alongside that glass heart of hers, because he looks soft and maybe even almost sad. Like he has just awoken from a dream he did not wish to end, and he has opened his eyes to find reality is disappointing in comparison.

She has had dreams like that. When she dreams that she is not made of glass, but is instead hard muscle and thick skin, smooth-coated unbreakable. In her dreams her bones are made of iron and she does not have to pretend to be unafraid of shattering apart.

Her dreams never seem to last long enough.

Her red lips lift into a smile at his gesture, and she ducks her delicate head just slightly as she steps beneath the snow-laced branches. “It is cold,” she says in agreement, her breath curling like thin tendrils of smoke from her mouth when she speaks. “It’s why I didn’t want to be alone,” her light colored eyes flick to his face, ignoring what he says about possibly not being the best company. She doesn’t think she has ever had bad company. “My name is Hourglass.”

I don’t believe that anybody
    feels the way I do about you now
    H  O  U  R  G  L  A S S

@[elio]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and when I break it's in a million pieces, Elio - by Hourglass - 10-06-2020, 02:07 PM