• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  seeking no secrets

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

At the endearing tone and use of ‘dear’, she gives him a sidelong look. Her magic wraps around his heart, squeezing just slightly. It is not even enough to hurt, but it serves as a reminder. She doesn’t break stride from their walk, doesn’t bat an eye, this particular magic is familiar and easy for her. ”Be careful,” she says simply, her voice cool and collected as always. ”Besides,” she continues, her magic letting go. The message was clear enough; dragon or not, hearts are fragile things. ”It seems to me that you are also thinking in lines and boxes. All you describe to me is exactly what you have now. At least I am not standing here suggesting the only option is to divide along the lines of good and evil again.”

”My successor changed the Chamber after me. That is not the point. There were guiding principles though. He could not walk in and make the Chamber like the Gates. That is all I truly seek. Guiding principles. A way for others to better find their place and purpose in this world.”

She listens though as he suggests getting rid of the lands all together. It is, in some ways, a tantalizing thought, though even she does not think it possible. Well, not probable, anyway. ”There will always be kingdoms. It is really a matter of how many. Tell me, will you give up a territory in the name of progress? If I asked each kingdom to hand one territory back to the faeries, that would be fair, but would you agree to it?” In truth, she thinks the entirety of Loess and her territories should be returned to the faeries, for they are the least populated lands, but it might be an easier route to ask each ruler to return one territory.

She gives him a very fake look of disdain as he suggests a matching tree. ”No, dear,” she says, a sly grin creeping onto her face. ”If we manage to bring magic back to all the lands, then you will need to be more creative. The tree is mine.” Probably she’d need to get rid of their silly blue flame tree, but that was a matter for another time.

She shakes her head slightly, sobering as he suggests she is the solution. ”Not quite. I have slightly more influence than the average magician, but still these lands resist magical change. I believe that when Beqanna was remade the magic was moved to the mountain. That magic used to flow more freely through the lands, but now it seems that the lands themselves are dead things really, the magic being controlled from one place instead. Though there are some entities like myself, we are not quite the same as it once was. I would rather see the magic tied again to the lands, though I am not sure if the faeries will agree to such a change. Though I hope if we give back some lands and show them respect, they may be willing to compromise. It is a far fetched plan, I admit, but perhaps not impossible.”

In the end, if it meant giving up the extra magical abilities she had been given, she would. She would make that trade, though she wasn’t necessarily offering. Still, even she is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good.

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Leilan]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission