• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  seeking no secrets
    Leilan
    Perhaps one day, there might be a good opportunity to discuss philosophical topics with an immortal - older than he, at any rate, one who has seen more. For now, it is not the possible makeup of the universe, nor the past they mean to discuss. It is what is and what could be, that intrigues them.

For the future to exist though, the present is important. And to understand the present, knowledge of the past is necessary - if only to understand where which flaw lies. She asks about such history, and he nods a little. "I was born a Jungle Prince." he tells her casually. The remark itself might be interpret as a surface thought, but he thinks she is able to dive deeper with the small hint. Many things were wrong with where he grew up in, he thinks - the title, the Jungle, the Amazons. Some things may have been better, but he never was able to profit from it. If he recalls correctly, the brotherhood had been silent then.

"I started wandering around from a young age, but not so much in Beqanna itself. I haven't seen the Reckoning with my own eyes; only what was left of it when I returned. Taiga was the Burnt Forest then." He smiles a little, finding the irony in that fact. All three northern lands had been burned down by now; none of those fires had changed the hearts of the land's inhabitants. Taiga was still the land of the free, Nerine still the land of the proud and stubborn women, the Isle still the closest thing to what once may have been called Tundra, even if he hadn't intended it to be. He starts to wonder if perhaps the landscapes all attracted their own kind of people. That whatever they want to change now, might prove to be futile in the future.

Still, he doesn't see much harm in trying - provided that the ones who'd like to keep going as they would, still had a place for it, of course. It's no use making something if it immediately inspires another to burn the new thing to the ground. A subtle approach is what lasts in the long run.

No-one ever expects Leilan to be subtle, or even to understand it, he supposes. But then, he'd never conformed to any rules and expectations anyway; he never lets another tell him what to do and what not to do. Why should this time be different?
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Straia]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-15-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-16-2020, 11:15 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-21-2020, 07:14 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-25-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-16-2020, 08:31 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:37 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-26-2020, 06:13 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 11-05-2020, 03:31 PM