• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  seeking no secrets

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

She remembers the end of the Amazons, or near enough to it. They nearly did accept princes by then, desperate for numbers as they were. That was the problem of old Beqanna and one of the problems still. They were stretched too thin then and now, a problem that had been remedied briefly, though she wasn’t here for that short period. Nor is she particularly sorry that she missed any of it, for it seems as though Beqanna lost itself along the way.

“What is wrong with exclusivity? The Tundra was as well, at least originally.” Not everyone needs to be included in all things. To pretend otherwise is to be naive and foolish, really. Groups are always exclusive in some way, even if they don’t admit it.

She looks at him as he disagrees about the lands, and it is not that she minds disagreement (after all, not all agree with much of what she says and does), but she would challenge him to think harder. ”Choosing to stand and not bow is wonderful, but even the Gates did that. You stand, but what do you stand for.” She emphasizes the word for, because though there is some of that in the new Beqanna (after all, like calls to like), anyone walking into this world would have no idea. Once upon a time, the lines were clearer. ”I am not necessarily suggesting that good and bad is the proper division, but I am suggesting whatever these new lands stand for is murky and unclear, at best.”

On the topic of territories they do agree, and for the moment, she lets the conversation drift forward. The hard part of that conversation would be choosing which lands ceased to exist, but that could be dealt with at another time. She’s more interested in what he says next, anyway. “If that is what you wish for, then that is what I wish to know. I am not in the business of granting wishes, but I am in the business of gathering information. I would build a new Beqanna that most are pleased with. Most, because I am not naive enough to believe that all will come willingly. But I do not intend to build only the Beqanna I want.”

She grins at his next question though, something glinting in her amber eyes. ”I would change it all at once, but it does require the faeries. Beqanna resists change, and will slowly right herself if the faeries do not bless such magic. The more of us involved, the easier I suspect such change will be.” It may have to be done in pieces, in the end, for there is only so much she can do at one time. Even she is limited, though her limits are greater than most. ”In the end, either Beqanna will come willingly, or I will take it piece by piece. I would prefer the former though, so I am coming to those who can best help effect that change. Perhaps we do not need good and evil anymore, but a land of ice and rock for dragons, a land of shifting environments for our shifters, a haven of water for our aquatic friends. I am old, but not old fashioned.”

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Leilan] oh look I write posts...this may not make total sense. It's hard to write posts while monitoring a dental hygienist conference in the background, lol

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-15-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-16-2020, 11:15 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-21-2020, 07:14 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-25-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-16-2020, 08:31 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:37 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-26-2020, 06:13 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 11-05-2020, 03:31 PM