• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

Time passes. Maybe it was only a little bit of time, but it felt like an eternity to me, as I sifted through the snows for the vestiges of grass beneath. Every once in awhile, I caught the scent of burnt trees, and I would lift my head to look over the trees in the direction the wind was coming, but no smoke said that I should panic. However, that did not stop me from thinking that maybe I would be alone here forever, which does cause a kind of panic, a different kind of panic.

Time ticks on around me, and the panic grows within. What if the smell the wind had brought down was some kind of catastrophe that had sent the residents of this land had fled from? Did Lilliana know about this? Had she gone, too?

I was just about to give up on foraging to go have a peek around some more when a figure appeared from the shadows of the trees. The movement from the corner of my eyes captures my attention, and my head darts up. It is a stallion, young and bright, a dull red in color with flaxen mane and tail with a star right in the middle of his chest. A thrill of excitement and nerves runs through me as I see that he is approaching me. To help rid myself of some of this pent up energy, I swish my bright blue tail so that it sweeps across my knees before falling back to its regular position.

He says “hallo,” and another thrill of excitement and nerves passes through me. “Hi!” I manage to squeak out, past the nerves. I cough, and shift nervously on my hooves, “hello,” I say, this time more confidently.

I nod fervently as he introduces himself and mentions that he could use some company. Am I in the mood for conversation? Well, yes, I definitely am, but I find myself feeling somewhat shy despite this. I give him a shy kind of smile in response. “Sure,” I say, and then, almost as if I almost forgot, “I’m Borderline!” My name rolls off my tongue a little more excitedly than I had meant it to, and I feel embarrassed now. Hopefully he would accept and welcome the excitement? I find myself figuratively crossing my hooves.

“I’m new here. Lilliana invited me to come live in Taiga. It sounded like such a wonderful place, but I was kind of worried, because I kept smelling fire. I worried that everyone had run away and that I would be all alone!” Suddenly, I realize that I am probably talking too much, so I rein it in and now I wait for him, hoping that I didn’t just scare him off by talking too much.

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Borderline - 09-20-2020, 01:45 PM