• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

The downtrodden were her specialty. Those worn with life and loss, who needed a break from reality. Those were the ones she knew best how to help, and in doing so she was able to distract herself from her own unhappiness. 

Her eyes brightened at his name, a touch of genuine pleasure filling the corners of her mouth. "Svedka," she repeated, enjoying the lilt of it on her tongue. Her sleek head bobbed at his request, after a quick glance at the inner island. It didn't have to be a long swim. "Yes, I think we could do that." She hummed. 

The water lapped the sand with pleasant rhythm, a sound that soothed her even after years of hearing it. It was the sound of home. The pearly nereid paused knee-deep in the surf, looking over here shoulder to wait for the cloud-stained stallion. It was a gentle enough sea they waded into, the cool water glossing her scales where it touched. Easy enough to convince to behave, to be helpful when she asked. 

It wasn't much to request buoyancy for her companion. Just a little extra salt to hold him afloat, while the water held him in its rocking embrace. It was in a good mood today, and that in turn lifted her own spirits. 

She guided them a little ways from the shore, deep enough to not touch the sand but not so far out that the currents would be too much for her companion. With the sun on her back and the water beneath her, the world got a little kinder. "So tell me," she said after a little while. "Where are you visiting from?" The world was vast, after all, and it had been a few years since she'd traveled much beyond her own island.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? aquaria - by Aquaria - 10-04-2020, 03:18 PM