• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'd like to make myself believe

The boy stumbles even as he floats, tripping on the clouds without thinking he has the power to make them just intangible enough for a light bounce.

Nothing else matters, though, when Elio arrives. Lannister can't always find him so when he does, he scrambles with the kind of excitement only a child may express.

He is a little, red ball of energy as he flings himself into his father's arms. "Dad!" he cries, boyish voice flying up and down in sweet excitement. "I missed you. Where have you been? Did you do anything cool? Or see any cool animals? What kind of--"

"Lannister!" Elio cries with a laugh, blinking clear eyes down at his eager dream-son. The boy draws back with a blissful, ignorant smile. The gold on his face lights up as Lan draws miniature stars from the pastel sky around them. They blink, blink, blink and spin up and around his ears to find little circles around Elio's eyes. An innocent, lopsided grin lifts the colt's mouth.

"C'mon, Dad, I wanna knoooow," he pleads, rubbing his head into Elio's chest before dashing off into the swirling colors of the sky. Suddenly, the clouds melt and the pair are falling. The stallion's stomach drops but he is used to son's tricks by now, opting to tuck his legs and merely plummet. Lannister is dropping just beneath him, back to the approaching ground and face lit up in an excited grin.

The jungle soil is soft and buoyant when they hit the ground. Trees that weren't there moments before now grow taller and taller around them. Lio can tell Lan is tugging out his memories of Tephra, the little offerings of knowledge and experience he gathers just for him.

Tall ferns and flowers of every color sprout around them, the growth coming to a sudden halt when a parrot settles curiously on Lannister's shoulder.

"So cool, Dad . . . Show me more," the boy murmurs.

DESIGN BY LITTLEWILLOW

Messages In This Thread
    i'd like to make myself believe - by elio - 09-21-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i'd like to make myself believe - by lannister - 09-21-2020, 11:05 PM
    RE: i'd like to make myself believe - by elio - 09-27-2020, 11:36 PM