• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Finally reaching

The fish told me...

It was a black filly that had approached her. Being a bit unsure of what to talk about with another horse (grass, or something?) Sheika was glad the filly initiated the conversation. Even more so, when the other immediately steered the topic to her beloved fish. What luck! The pale mare visibly perked up as she answered. “Why, yes! Well, actually, there was this catfish just now, and it was quite rude. But honestly, I shouldn’t even be surprised.” She looked around, as if to check whether there were any listening, then whispered conspiratorially to the filly, “Catfish are often a bit full of themselves...I believe it’s in the whiskers. They make them feel better than everyone else, you know?” She huffed, and stared in the distance for a bit, recounting some of her previous encounters with catfish.

Then she remembered that she was talking to someone, and it occurred to her that it may now be her turn to keep the conversation going. “What to say, what to say..” she muttered out loud, flicking her ears. She then got an idea. If she wanted to fit in with these horses, they would have to like her. If you want someone to like you, you have to be nice to them. This, she had been taught during her early life when she still lived with her parents. She looked at the filly a bit more closely, thinking of something nice to say. She then noticed the amber color of the other's eyes. ”You have eyes like a goldfish! I mean, a goldfish’s scales!” She looked triumphantly at the filly. She couldn’t not like Sheika after she had bestowed upon her this great compliment.

Sheika

Image by Jon Sailer
    [Image: vis.png]
    Afbeelding van jakbraun via Pixabay

Messages In This Thread
    Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-22-2020, 03:32 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-22-2020, 04:04 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-23-2020, 04:49 AM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-23-2020, 12:14 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-23-2020, 03:27 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-25-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-26-2020, 09:50 AM