• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Finally reaching

stars, hide your fire;
    let not light see my black and deep desires

Well, at least her question is considered rude. Probably it could have been, but Iris was trying to play nice, so her tone of voice was friendly enough rather than...well, to be fair, it varied. Iris always varied depending on what her goal was. She was adaptable, if nothing else. The mare seems very pleased to talk about this whole talking to fish thing, which doesn’t necessarily shock Iris. She rather likes to talk about talking to ghosts, so this makes sense. They like to talk about the things they can talk to. Did you get all that? Because Iris nearly broke her brain with all this talking about talking.

”Do catfish actually look like cats?” she asks, having only a vague idea of what a cat would look like. She tries to imagine a fish version of this and finds herself chuckling slightly. The picture is ridiculous, but still, she’ll let the other mare answer. After all, Iris’s experiences in life were rather limited in general, and she knew little about fish and little about cats. Besides, Beqanna was full of stranger things.

The conversation lapses for a moment and it’s clear neither of them are particularly good at small talk, though Iris is about to fill in the gaps when the mare compliments her eyes. It is clear it’s a compliment, at least so much as this fish-mare can manage. But still, goldfish sound pretty enough, and Iris isn’t stupid enough to miss the compliment. She preens a bit at her, her smile real. ”Thanks. Momma’s eyes are the same.” Though slightly less stark against her mother’s bay and white coat as compared to Iris’s black coat. ”I’m Iris, by the way. Momma’s name is Straia, and she’s the new leader of this place called Pangea. I don’t actually know if there are fish there, but there’s a big river, so I guess there are fish.” Honestly, she’s never looked, but now she might just have to.

iris

@[Sheika]

Messages In This Thread
    Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-22-2020, 03:32 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-22-2020, 04:04 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-23-2020, 04:49 AM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-23-2020, 12:14 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-23-2020, 03:27 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-25-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-26-2020, 09:50 AM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-28-2020, 01:37 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-30-2020, 03:32 PM