• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Finally reaching

The fish told me...

"Ehm..Not really, actually. Cats have beautiful fur, and a long tail without fins, while catfish are smooth, and slimy," she tried to think of more distinguishing characteristics, picturing the wild cats she had incidentally encountered in the woods, "and they don't have ears," she finally concluded. She then faltered a bit. Because why were they called catfish then? Her ears drooped, as she felt like a kid failing a test on their favourite subject at school. Luckily, just before she could really start to sulk, she remembered. Not realizing the filly hadn't even asked for this information, she shared her epiphany out loud. "Ah, it's because they have the whiskers! Yes, it's the whiskers. All in the whiskers." She wriggled her pink nose to illustrate, however, since her own 'whiskers' consisted of barely visible white hairs, made it seem more like she picked up on a particularly bad scent instead.

She nodded, content when she saw that her compliment had had the intended effect. Yet as she heard the filly talk animatedly about her mother, some part of Sheika stirred. It was a part which, during her long years of solitude, had become locked and sealed away in a far corner of her being. Neatly placed in its own little box with a big lid on top. By now, she was so used to not remembering that she didn't even notice the pricks of grief that tried to wriggle their way out of their carefully crafted confines.

The only visible change in her exterior was her eyes glazing over for a second. Then she smiled at Iris, as the lid was shut firmly again, and she remained in her usual state of blissful ignorance. Her eyes lit up as she mentioned the word 'river'. "That sounds great! I love rivers. Especially the big ones. They are very easy to follow. You will never get lost that way! Oh, and my name is Sheika!"

e">Sheika

Image by Jon Sailer

OOC: I don't think I've ever talked about catfish this much in my life hahah. Also yay Pangea! :D 
    -edit: Ahah I forgot to let her say her name as well 

@[Iris] 
    [Image: vis.png]
    Afbeelding van jakbraun via Pixabay

Messages In This Thread
    Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-22-2020, 03:32 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-22-2020, 04:04 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-23-2020, 04:49 AM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-23-2020, 12:14 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-23-2020, 03:27 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Iris - 09-25-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: Finally reaching - by Sheika - 09-26-2020, 09:50 AM