• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high | birthing(?)
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Ther eis something of a haze over his memories of the afternoon. Each time he tries to recall what had taken place it becomes just a fraction more difficult to do so. Had the mare been dun or roan? Had it even been a mare at all?

The one thing Pteron remains certain of is that the golden filly following at his heels is his responsibility. His daughter even, with those darker bars of primitive gold across her shoulders, forehead, and spine. Those white markings on her sides are familiar as well, the general look of them more than common among the members of Aegean’s family. So she is their daughter, just like Aureus and Asena are, in some work of magic that Pteron cannot begin to comprehend.

And so he does not try.

Instead, he makes his way back to the island that they have made their home these past eighteen months. The girl follows along without complaint, though she is quite tired by the time they reach the shore. Pteron finds her a place to rest in the shade and debates calling out. Best to not wake her, he decides in the end. One of their family members will come across them eventually, be it Aegean or Barley’s two older siblings. 

-- pteron --