• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to find a better way

It’s difficult to focus on Aureus even when he replies to her questions. Anuya’s gaze is fixed on Astrum and her light fills her eyes. She’s pretty sure she could stare at the pretty companion all night, given the chance. It’d be very easy for her space out - time was already very slippery for her, the fae did not age the same way and every day, season, or year had the tendency to blend together.

She admires the connection the pair before her have - and there’s a small prickle of jealousy in her heart. It’s a relationship she has never experienced with anyone else. Companions were very rare where she came from - though now she thinks the night court of her family certainly should have figured out how to get stars as companions if nothing else. Come on.

When she speaks again, she forgets that she’d meant to speak louder than normal. She’s too interested to remember that little thing.  “I think I would’ve liked to have had a star with me when I grew up instead of half of my siblings.” There’s a beat where she considers this before amending it slightly as a grin grows in her pale turquoise eyes - the type of grin that animates everything about the one wearing it and even her ears twitch a little with amusement. “Well… I would have preferred a rock to at least three of them. And not even a shiny rock. Just any ol’ grey rock.”

It’s not a joke but the thought of those three siblings turning into a rock is absolutely delightful and Anuya chuckles a little. It’s not a particularly soft sound - she’s not a particularly soft mare - but it’s warm and comfortable.

Anuya focuses on Aureus more this time when she asks “Do you have siblings?”

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[aureus] listen the bot picked this thread it's not my fault

Messages In This Thread
    trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-30-2020, 02:57 PM